Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luft Camo m40

Article about: Hey guys I wanted to get this checked out by you guys everything looks okay to me Decal is hard to tell for me though. Thanks everybody!

Default Luft Camo m40

Hey guys I wanted to get this checked out by you guys everything looks okay to me Decal is hard to tell for me though. Thanks everybody!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft Camo m40   Luft Camo m40  

Luft Camo m40   Luft Camo m40  

Luft Camo m40  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft Camo m40
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks believable but someone post war (?) seems to have added some embellishments
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I like what I see , just the thing with the tape on top is not clear.

Didn’t notice the outlining of what seemed to be tape that is definetly weird. Here’s another picture facing the other way I have no clue what that could be.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft Camo m40  

Looked at this one 10 times today. Camo paint looks period done. The "tape job" or whatever is disturbing
    D.

MAP
    ?

top part looks like the remains of tape from a mail home label IMHO but I can't enlarge the photos to see too well........Not sure about the Cross shaped scratches in the front. Period? Post war? Without provenance it is only a guess as to when.

I really like the camo colors. Nice looking helmet overall but the "tape" marks would need some more digging into. And you would need to get comfortable with the scratched in Cross..

Photos look like they are from Georgio??? Recognize his style. He tends to take photos in very bright conditions which highlight the camo patterns / colors.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

In looking closer, it does not appear to be "tape" on the top of the helmet but more like paint residue. In fact I think I can see an outline of a poorly constructed Swaz (I say this as one of the arms of the Swaz is going in the wrong direction).

Better photos are needed...but if correct, this supports post war kids play.

Luft Camo m40

I too believe it paint and a poor attempt at a swastika.

Marty

- - ------- - -

Over all I like the helmet.

Mart
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Late to the thread but I already saw this on Giorgio's site and very much liked it. He claims there are remnants of a mail home label and the front cross could have been a red cross.
    Not sure about the red cross theory but I still like the helmet. The patina is similar to my Normandy camo and other helmets posted here and on GHW.
    Nick

Quote by MAP View Post
    In looking closer, it does not appear to be "tape" on the top of the helmet but more like paint residue. In fact I think I can see an outline of a poorly constructed Swaz (I say this as one of the arms of the Swaz is going in the wrong direction).

Better photos are needed...but if correct, this supports post war kids play.

Luft Camo m40
    Michael, I don't think it is a swaz. But then am I looking for something that isn't there?
    If it is then it is crudely done for sure.
    Interesting that virtually all of the paint has worn away but not these markings. Not sure what to make of that?
    nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast