Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luft M35 DD. Camo Legitimacy

Article about: Guys, I’ve owned this for a few years now. I didn’t pay much for it, and it resides in my humble little (but growing) WW2 display. It has peaked my interest and I wonder what exactly it

Default Luft M35 DD. Camo Legitimacy

Guys, I’ve owned this for a few years now. I didn’t pay much for it, and it resides in my humble little (but growing) WW2 display. It has peaked my interest now and I wonder what exactly it is, or isn’t.

I know it’s a Q62 M35 with Luftwaffe DD markings, and the liner of 1939 isn’t in the best shape. But what of the “camouflage”? And its legitimacy overall? That is why I’m here. Looks like whoever applied this color hand-painted around the eagle. This is something I’ve never seen on any camouflage myself, but I am not in any way familiar or experienced in helmets and equipment. Looks like a decal rubbing of the camo that originally covered both decals, but they only repainted around the one side, with a close match to the “original” paint? This one throws me off.

Luft M35 DD. Camo LegitimacyLuft M35 DD. Camo LegitimacyLuft M35 DD. Camo LegitimacyLuft M35 DD. Camo LegitimacyLuft M35 DD. Camo LegitimacyLuft M35 DD. Camo LegitimacyLuft M35 DD. Camo LegitimacyLuft M35 DD. Camo LegitimacyLuft M35 DD. Camo LegitimacyLuft M35 DD. Camo Legitimacy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft M35 DD. Camo Legitimacy
    P
    Many

Quote by Herk1994 View Post
    Guys, I’ve owned this for a few years now. I didn’t pay much for it, and it resides in my humble little (but growing) WW2 display. It has peaked my interest and I wonder what exactly it is.

I know it’s a Q62 M35 with Luftwaffe DD markings, and the liner of 1939 isn’t in the best shape. But what of the “camouflage”? And its legitimacy overall? That is why I’m here.
    Hi there.

Here is a visual guide on how to upload your photos -

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

Kind regards,

Will.

Also here are the liner manufacturers markings in detail.

Luft M35 DD. Camo LegitimacyLuft M35 DD. Camo Legitimacy

The good points are it’s an original shell and liner….with drawstring.
    The decals could be original but hard to say due to condition.
    Post war, it looks to have had a wretched life with a spray painted odd green paint and further down the line someone tried rubbing the paint off until they got bored.
    Sorry, but that’s how it comes across to me.

No reason to be sorry, thanks for the reply. I really didn’t pay all too much for it so it’s not the end of the world. I like it either way.

MAP
    ?

I wouldn't hold out much hope on the decals. The Eagle looks to be applied over the green camo paint.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Again, that is fine, I didn’t pay all that much.

Since the consensus is that the paint and decals are modern applications, at this point I think I’m going to go the iso alcohol route and remove this crap, at least around the decals for now

Looks like a beautiful M35 sitting underneath this paint

Looks like a beautiful M35 sitting underneath this paint
    I doubt it.

Agree to disagree then, it’s my helmet. I took no loss on this. I’m not a helmet collector anyways. Looks great in my display case, with or without problems.

Agree to disagree then, it’s my helmet. I took no loss on this. I’m not a helmet collector anyways. Looks great in my display case, with or without problems.
    Well that's difference between a collector and a non collector. The value for us WW2 collectors is measured in how authentic an item is and not in monetary value.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast