Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luft M40

Article about: Can I get verification on if this decal is good or bad? Appreciating all the help, this forum is full of great people

Default Luft M40

Can I get verification on if this decal is good or bad?

Appreciating all the help, this forum is full of great people

Luft M40Luft M40

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft M40
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Maker? Lot #? Very important detail with any helmet you post. For example, if this is a rear stamped Q, it should have no decal. Even if the decal is original. Or if it is an EF, it shouldn't have this variant.

But it does look like a good 2nd pattern "dot" wing decal.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TN161 and Q62

I haven't heard of a 'TN' series for Quist helmets ... only a 'DN' & a 'T' ?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by steelspy5 View Post
    TN161 and Q62
    Going forward please post photos of the whole helmet. A good decal alone does not mean "all is good".

In this case, it's not a rear stamped Q so that is good.

I'd spot these Lot# and Maker stamp photos a mile away. So know who is listing it. The helmet does have a reinforced aluminum liner band but unless the split pins have been messed with it is most likely original to the shell. Other Q M40's in this Lot # range have aluminum liners as well.

That said, it has steel bales instead of the square aluminum bales. Again, just an anomaly as they used a mixture of new and old parts when putting the liner together during the transition to steel liners. Just a little extraneous information for you.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I haven't heard of a 'TN' series for Quist helmets ... only a 'DN' & a 'T' ?
    It's "IN" Dan. At first glance I thought it was "TN" as well.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well, I like it! The bird was applied a little closer to the brow than regulation but that does not bother me at all. To my eye it is all good. Jim G.

Quote by MAP View Post
    It's "IN" Dan. At first glance I thought it was "TN" as well.
    That's a first for me too - I hadn't known there was an "IN" series either???
    Learning all the time I guess?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    That's a first for me too - I hadn't known there was an "IN" series either???
    Learning all the time I guess?
    Check out Frank's website. Under Helmets 101 at the top he has his Lot # database.

German Helmet Vault – Collecting German WW2 helmets

MAP, I've no allegiance to anyone but it is strange that ( as far as I can see ) Brian Ice makes no mention of an IN series????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast