Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftschutz 3pc Glad w/gold

Article about: Nothing special, but I picked this up last year at a Saarbrucken flea market for 20 Euros. It interested me because of the gold decal. This has been long debated by helmet collectors as to w

Johnnie
    ?

Default Luftschutz 3pc Glad w/gold

Nothing special, but I picked this up last year at a Saarbrucken flea market for 20 Euros. It interested me because of the gold decal. This has been long debated by helmet collectors as to whether these decals were made in gold as well as silver, or whether the gold ones are simply aged silver decals. I have examined this as close as possible even using a loop and I am convinced the decal was originally gold. Sorry for the poor quality pics. Am still looking for an original string and chinstrap.

Johnnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz 3pc Glad w/gold   Luftschutz 3pc Glad w/gold  

Luftschutz 3pc Glad w/gold   Luftschutz 3pc Glad w/gold  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Luftschutz 3pc Glad w/gold

Weren't the helmets with gold decals ment for group leaders?

Greetz

Nick VR

Johnnie
    ?

Default Re: Luftschutz 3pc Glad w/gold

Quote by Nick VR View Post
    Weren't the helmets with gold decals ment for group leaders?

Greetz

Nick VR

There seems to be controversy over that. Evidently no one has found any documentation to support that gold decals were made or what they were issued for. In addition, many silver decals do fade to gold over time.
    However I am convinced that mine started out gold. I'm not really a Luftschutz collector so I havn't delved into it deeply.
    Perhaps other members have more info. Interesting subject though. I wish I knew what the hand painted letters under the brim of mine stand for.

Johnnie

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.