Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftschutz gladiator

Article about: Hello i need some opinions about decal Thanks for any help.

Default Luftschutz gladiator

Hello i need some opinions about decal
    Thanks for any help.
    Luftschutz gladiator
    Luftschutz gladiator
    Luftschutz gladiator
    Luftschutz gladiator
    Luftschutz gladiator
    Luftschutz gladiator

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz gladiator
    P
    Many

I'm not sure, and I am by no means qualified to talk about decals, but my LS decal looks different, the dots in the top wing feather thingy on mine are bigger and look more consistent in general, also I think the font is different comparing to the decal on my vz. 32-34 which I conveniently have right next to my monitor.
    In general the lines on my decal are a lot thicker than here.
    But wait for the experts to leave their comments before making any decisions off of my reply.
    Luis

Not comfortable with this helmet. First thought is I don't like the decal, it appears to be lacking the detail I like to see, nor the stamp in the rear. Better pics needed of decal. The patina of the decal (or lack of) does not match the paint
    D.

Better photos
    Luftschutz gladiator
    Luftschutz gladiator
    Luftschutz gladiator
    Luftschutz gladiator

I don't like the decal. The top edge wing dots look off.

Added more photos decal
    Luftschutz gladiator
    Luftschutz gladiator
    Luftschutz gladiator
    Luftschutz gladiator
    Luftschutz gladiator
    Luftschutz gladiator

There is a misprint on this decal...look at the lower side left wing. sort of out of registration, that's why looks "weird" with thinner lines somewhere; the lacquer over it adds to the oddity.
    i deem being an original. Actually the misprint and small graphic issues would be rather a confirmation for me. plenty of variations are seen on these LS according to timing issue, run prod, maker (most of them unknown), ink displacement and density.

the helmet looks a bit cleaned outside ..

Quote by sysyphus View Post
    There is a misprint on this decal...look at the lower side left wing. sort of out of registration, that's why looks "weird" with thinner lines somewhere; the lacquer over it adds to the oddity.
    i deem being an original. Actually the misprint and small graphic issues would be rather a confirmation for me. plenty of variations are seen on these LS according to timing issue, run prod, maker (most of them unknown), ink displacement and density.

the helmet looks a bit cleaned outside ..
    I agree on all points. Jim G.

The condition of the liner makes me think it had very little use, if issued at all. The outside surface condition might be consistent with storage. What concerns me is that there is no wear across the decal. Is there an RL nummer pressed into the inside skirt?

I still am not comfortable with it. A few details we have all noticed on the fakes...the "split" between the second & third wing edge on the right wing is usually not there on the fakes as this one looks too, & the black part of the decal under the LS banner should be hollow showing the LS paint, not a black part of the decal. Also, the black background behind the swaz.
    So if you guys are saying it's good, I guess that old theory of these few details we can bury as far as authentication.
    Red pen showing IMO....a bad acorn, black fields, no split on right wing.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz gladiator  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast