Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftschutz Helmet Tan with D S and a bolt stenciled

Article about: any ideas on this one? Assuming the liner is post war. I have seen these for BMW and other companies. Assuming it is fake. [ATTACH=CONFIG]1231602[/ATTACH

?

Default Luftschutz Helmet Tan with D S and a bolt stenciled

any ideas on this one? Assuming the liner is post war. I have seen these for BMW and other companies. Assuming it is fake. [ATTACH=CONFIG]1231602[/ATTACHLuftschutz Helmet Tan with D S and a bolt stenciled

- - ------- - -

Luftschutz Helmet Tan with D S and a bolt stenciled

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz Helmet Tan with D S and a bolt stenciled
    P
    Many

No idea on what the symbol is. The chinstrap looks like it's from a Firemans helmet, the liner is not what you'd expect inside a LS helmet but can't see enough of it to say whether it is wartime or not. All in all it is a bit of a put together, but if it was really cheap then it still is a three piece gladiator style LS helmet, just it's been messed up a bit.

?

No idea why they would fake it as it is nothing... so... It smells like a case of cigarettes...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz Helmet Tan with D S and a bolt stenciled  

?

Luftschutz Helmet Tan with D S and a bolt stenciledjust noticed the writing...

?

Luftschutz Helmet Tan with D S and a bolt stenciledno idea

MAP
    ?

I'm really no pro on the use of these helmets in the post war period so can't say much. But........

Looks like a post war liner due to the perforations. It also looks to be too big for the helmet (notice how it is overlapping and the is one extra tongue underneath.

Stencil looks to be done quite recently too. And while the paint on the exterior appears to have some age, on the interior dome it appears to be painted over some pitting.

If you don't own it yet, I would pass on it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The paint looks like an SA brown. The liner and chin strap look very much like the liner and chin strap in one of my 100% period one piece SA helmets, pictures of which are posted here. There are perforations on the brow of the liner in my SA piece. Are there any traces of decals on the sides of the shell? Regarding the stencil on the front I would suspect that it is a factory logo. I would be tempted to buy this one if I saw it on a table at a show if the price were right. Just my 2 cents, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz Helmet Tan with D S and a bolt stenciled   Luftschutz Helmet Tan with D S and a bolt stenciled  

Luftschutz Helmet Tan with D S and a bolt stenciled   Luftschutz Helmet Tan with D S and a bolt stenciled  

MAP
    ?

Well....there goes my theory on the perforated liner. Thanks for correcting me (so politely) Jim, I totally struck out on this one! LoL You are the PRO on these.

I now remember how I get mixed up. Post war "Visors" used perforated liners.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The perforated liners are seen often in civil helmets. Has nothing to do with war time or post war.

M...is it not past your bedtime ?? (LOL) "Luv ya babe" !!
    D
    Last edited by real steel; 08-30-2018 at 05:03 AM.

It might look like SA brown Jim, but there's a huge paint run down the front, which makes me think the colour is post 1945. As said before for the right price I'd have it too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast