MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Camo M35

Article about: Some lovely used camo's coming on the market here lately. Went to our monthly fair and I could not let this one slide. Early Q 64 with drooptail adler and tricolor still buried under the pai

Default Luftwaffe Camo M35

Some lovely used camo's coming on the market here lately.
    Went to our monthly fair and I could not let this one slide.
    Early Q 64 with drooptail adler and tricolor still buried under the paint.

The guy I bought it from has a knack for finding fantastic stuff , this helmet came out from a private seller in the South of Belgian near the French border.

It's dirty and complete , just like I like them. Rahm & Kampmann chinstrap. LBA marked.

The question is now what kind of camo it , is I bought it as sud front but a friend of mine saw a patinated white camo in this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Camo M35   Luftwaffe Camo M35  

Luftwaffe Camo M35   Luftwaffe Camo M35  

Luftwaffe Camo M35   Luftwaffe Camo M35  

Luftwaffe Camo M35  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Camo M35
    P
    Many

Some USB close-ups at 25x zoom

One shows the adler swastika and one the red of the tricolor between the paint cracks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Camo M35   Luftwaffe Camo M35  

Close-ups at 200 zoom.

Different part of the adler and the black of the tricolor in a damaged area. Exactly what one wishes to see to authenticate a decal under paint.

What a great find that was. I love that patina.

I say Sud Front...just my opinion
    Yes...this is a survivor that has a desirable look to it. This a very early 1937 Quist ? (okay...read the maker mark Q64)
    D.

Hello Gentlemen,
    Yes this is a nice combat used helmet that must have seen many things and lived some adventures between the prewar era and 1945. I go for Südfront, even if i think that the other possibility of a white camo that took a yellowish shade over the years may sound plausible on some of the photos...the pragmatic collector would say : why not be both if there's a doubt...
    As i don't collect helmets only, i would use it as an italian front helmet on my 15. Panzergrenadierdivision set up or i could have used it in the past for an Ostfront set up without feeling guilty of anything (but i sold all winter stuff to focuse on warmer areas). As long as the camo is original, everyone can see what they want to see.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

This is a cracking helmet and i can see why you didn't want to let it pass. The USB microscope pictures are interesting - the super close up on the adler looks exactly the same as my drooptail - that 'ivory' style of cracks you see.
    I'm going with sud front too.
    Nick

Really good looking helmet. Dosnt looked messed with.

Thanks guys.

An absolute stunning helmet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast