Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe German WWII Helmet Authentication

Article about: Hello, I recently bought this Luftwaffe German WWII Helmet off of ebay. But from what ive heard about ebay I always want a second opinion. Do you guys think this is real? Thanks! You can als

?

Default Luftwaffe German WWII Helmet Authentication

Hello,

I recently bought this Luftwaffe German WWII Helmet off of ebay. But from what ive heard about ebay I always want a second opinion.
    Do you guys think this is real?

Thanks!

You can also find the helmet here;
    Luftwaffe authentication | Helmet Collectables
    Luftwaffe German WWII Helmet AuthenticationLuftwaffe German WWII Helmet AuthenticationLuftwaffe German WWII Helmet AuthenticationLuftwaffe German WWII Helmet AuthenticationLuftwaffe German WWII Helmet AuthenticationLuftwaffe German WWII Helmet Authentication

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe German WWII Helmet Authentication
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks like a legit M40 relic shell. Not qualified to comment on the decals.

Might be the flash or what, but the blue color looks off. And it might be my eyes but in looking at the first shot of the inside, I can see this paint OVER pitting (look at the area of the flash)

Standard disclaimer : I'm looking at this from a small tablet so details are hard to see.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks like it might be an over paint of a green lid!...

MAP
    ?

Agree Gunny. I see what appears to be brush marks in the blue paint. the paint over the pitting does worry me. Might just be my eyes

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

She's been heavily cleaned that's for sure. Perhaps a postwar blue has been scrubbed to reveal the decals?

Hi, looking especially at the inside of the shell, you can clearly see that the blue paint is on top of pitted areas of steel. That for me nails it as a relic that has been post war painted and fake decals added, then aged. Sorry, Leon.

I agree with Leon fake decals.
    chris

decal close-ups are mandatory if you want trustworthy second opinions.

?

Hate to hear that guys! I was hoping I had gotten lucky. Then again it is ebay.

MAP
    ?

Especially with ebay...always post first. In this case it would have save you some $

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast