Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Luftwaffe helmet

Article about: So how much should I offer on it? That is the big question here.

Nah, he's a poser - it was Clay's.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe helmet  
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe helmet
    P
    Many

I am by no means an expert on German lids. I primarily collect US helmets.
    Way more faked German lids out there.
    Anyway that is why I posted it for opinions.
    Thank you for the opinions.

Anton, what was the outcome - were you able
    to get better pics.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

I sent him an email and the guy never got back to me.
    If he does I will let you know.

Anton good luck we've got your back. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

My guess is the seller will provide no more pix. I'm somewhat curious if the shell was even an authentic German one...? There is no excuse for half-assed pix unless you're trying to hide something.

?

Quote by Nigel Lesgate View Post
    My guess is the seller will provide no more pix. I'm somewhat curious if the shell was even an authentic German one...? There is no excuse for half-assed pix unless you're trying to hide something.
    Exactly! Crapola pics most often mean crapola helmet.
    Not always, but it's a good way to sell s#%t.

Brad.

?

How can anyone say the decal is good with these photos? I know you guys want to help but your misinforming the poster who is going to lay down hard cash (not your cash) for the helmet.

The only advice is clearly -get better photos and LW in this condition is a dime a dozen from reputable dealers. Don't buy on Craig's List. It's a waste of time.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Don't buy on Craig's List. It's a waste of time.
    Hi Doug. You're back?!

And I must disagree, respectfully, of course. I have at least six helmets in my collection that came from Craigslist. Not saying every helmet on CL is authentic, but they can be found. Wouldn't recommend it for a beginner, though. It can be a trap. But if you know your stuff deals can be had.

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Hi Doug. You're back?!

And I must disagree, respectfully, of course. I have at least six helmets in my collection that came from Craigslist. Not saying every helmet on CL is authentic, but they can be found. Wouldn't recommend it for a beginner, though. It can be a trap. But if you know your stuff deals can be had.
    Hi Todd,

I agree, Craig's List can be a source of the odd helmet. However if you don't know what your looking for or how to source a helmet as appears to be the case here, then it's a waste of time. Better off to buy a nice simple LW single decal for $600 from a good reputable dealer with a lifetime guarantee or source one from a fellow collector.

My advice to this collector is not to email the seller for a (bogus) story but rather ask for better photos. The story does not matter one bit.

Reading several posts where some said the helmet looked good, I just can't see how that statement can be made with these photos. Best to advise for better pictures and then give an opinion once the small details can be seen.

Cheers

Doug

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast