Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe helmet

Article about: Hi, reposting here I would like to ask for an opinion on this helmet of mine. It is an M42, NS66 D268. It is painted in a yellow camo ? /the colour looks different in real life- i took the p

Default Luftwaffe helmet

Thanks for the reply, please be so kind delete this not to take up space
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe helmet   Luftwaffe helmet  

Luftwaffe helmet   Luftwaffe helmet  

Luftwaffe helmet   Luftwaffe helmet  

Luftwaffe helmet  
    Last edited by David Ostrihon; 04-14-2020 at 11:42 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe helmet
    P
    Many

And please don´t bash me if i wrote something wrong I am just guessing. I´m far from your level of knowledge

The eagle is not good , the yellow paint is post war.
    NS uses a very recognizeable eagle, from your photo (the interior) the paint color is hard to see. NS Luftwaffe helmets have a nice blue grey paint.

Thank you very much. I paid only 80 euros for it so it is not a total loss

?

Can you get your money back in any way?

With a litte work you can restore it
    Use paint remover
    For 80€ a great found
    Only the shell cost here in germany 130€
    BR
    Bavarian

Could the paint be from an Norwegian reissue? The tone of the paint looks like it? Still a good deal for 80€.

MAP
    ?

David,

No need to delete the thread. Even if items are deemed to be bad, it is still a useful thread for others to study.

Second, thanks for listening and posting nice clear photos. Although I suspected it was messed with in your introduction thread I was hoping I might be wrong from the single photo.

I fully agree with the others here. A bad helmet. I would even guess that the liner has been removed or possible replaced.

And lastly, no worries about being "wrong". It's just part of the learning process.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The liner is worth twice what you paid for the helmet so all is not lost. Jim G.

Although the 10 Stamp on the liner is weird... i have never seen a helmet with a stamp like that, maybe it was post-war used?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast