Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

luftwaffe helmet...questions

Article about: by Pablo Yet the helmet survived. The owner told me it was a vet bring-back from his Uncle (But aren't they all vet bring-backs). This one it seems was probably the real vet bring back deal

Default Re: luftwaffe helmet...questions

Cool helmet! Very unfortunate that someone tried to do a good deed by coating the liner and strap in oil. Some things really are better left alone. Good buy!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement luftwaffe helmet...questions
    P
    Many

?

Many thanks for the comments. I feel pretty lucky to get it. It was temporarily on Ebay and I managed to contact the seller right before it was pulled. Out of about 30 contacts, I was the only one to leave a phone #, so the seller called me first and I bought it without knowing the true significance. When I pulled it out of the box, I was a little dissapointed because I thought it had a liberated decal and the paint was not right, not to mention, the oil slick. Hopefully I didn't overspend (I gave $450).

With a rare paint job like that, you got a steal.

I agree. Even with the oil applied to the leather, that's a great price to pay for that paint job.

Hi Pablo, what is the Feldpost number after the soldiers name? If you can tell me this, I can tell you his unit. From there you can research where they fought.

Many Luftwaffe Ground troops helmets started life as Luftwaffe blue, but only the exterior got repainted in feldgrau paint.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Pablo, what is the Feldpost number after the soldiers name? If you can tell me this, I can tell you his unit. From there you can research where they fought.

Many Luftwaffe Ground troops helmets started life as Luftwaffe blue, but only the exterior got repainted in feldgrau paint.

Cheers, Ade.
    That would be highly interesting! The # is 19183. Thanks! Is there a reference book or website where one can research this?

Hi Pablo, no I have a CD with this info on it.

Here is the info on this number:

(Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) 2. Kompanie Bau-Bataillon 35,

(2.1.1940-27.4.1940) gestrichen,

(15.9.1940-31.1.1941) 1. Batterie Reserve-Flak-Abteilung 152,

(25.1.1943-31.7.1943) 1. Batterie gemischte Flak-Abteilung 152 (v),

(24.3.1944-6.11.1944) 21.4.1944 1. Batterie gemischte Flak-Abteilung 152 (o),

(7.11.1944-Kriegsende) 4.12.1944 gestrichen.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Die Reserve-Flak-Abteilung 152 wurde im Oktober 1940 im Luftgau VII mit drei schweren und zwei leichten Batterien aufgestellt und im Luftgau VII eingesetzt. 1940 / 1941 wurde sie dann in Brest beim Stab des Flak-Regiments 100 eingesetzt. Im Oktober 1941 lag sie in St. Helier auf der Kanalinsel Jersey. Im Juli 1942 wurde die Abteilung in gemischte Flak-Abteilung 152 (v) umbenannt. Ende 1942 wurde sie um eine 6. Batterie erweitert. Im Januar 1943 verlegte die Abteilung nach Cherbourg, wo sie dem Stab des Flak-Regiments 30 bei der 13. Flak-Division unterstand. 1944 wurde die Abteilung auf acht schwere und zwei leichte Batterien erweitert. Sie wurde im Juli 1944 in Cherbourg vernichtet.

The Reserve Flak Abteilung 152 was in October 1940 in Luftgau VII set up with three heavy and two light batteries and used in Luftgau VII. 1940 / 1941 it was then used in Brest at the headquarters of the anti-aircraft regiment 100. In October 1941 was in St. Helier on the Channel Island of Jersey.

In July 1942 the department in mixed anti-aircraft section 152 (v) renamed. In late 1942 a sixth Extended battery.

In January 1943 the unit moved to Cherbourg, where the staff of the Flak-Regiment 30 at the 13th Flak-Division was subordinate.

In 1944 the unit was expanded to eight heavy and two light batteries. It was destroyed in July 1944 in Cherbourg.

Hope that helps?

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast