Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe M35 genuine or fake?

Article about: Dear members, Could you please help me indentifying whether this Luftwaffe Helmet is genuine? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! Cheers

?

Default Luftwaffe M35 genuine or fake?

Dear members,

Could you please help me indentifying whether this Luftwaffe Helmet is genuine?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Cheers

Luftwaffe M35 genuine or fake?Luftwaffe M35 genuine or fake?Luftwaffe M35 genuine or fake?Luftwaffe M35 genuine or fake?Luftwaffe M35 genuine or fake?Luftwaffe M35 genuine or fake?Luftwaffe M35 genuine or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M35 genuine or fake?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks to be a re-issue M35 with re-issue decal. (lower jaw extends beyond line of the neck)

That paint loss is odd however under the decal.

liner / liner band btw is made by B&C Litzmannstadt given the font used on the leather

Who is the maker? (EDIT: I see that it is an SE. Am I correct in reading it as a size 60???? (which makes sense if the leather is a size 53.)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Good spot MAP

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Looks to be a re-issue M35 with re-issue decal. (lower jaw extends beyond line of the neck)

That paint loss is odd however under the decal.

liner / liner band btw is made by B&C Litzmannstadt given the font used on the leather

Who is the maker? (EDIT: I see that it is an SE. Am I correct in reading it as a size 60???? (which makes sense if the leather is a size 53.)
    Thank you for your quick reply!

That's what I've been told by another guy that it's a re-issue M35.

However the paint loss bothers me as well.

MAP
    ?

Quote by cod552 View Post
    Thank you for your quick reply!

That's what I've been told by another guy that it's a re-issue M35.

However the paint loss bothers me as well.
    Safety in numbers. Let's see what others have to say as well.

Maybe coincidental but I see more bubbles on the decal where there is surrounding paint loss. I don't think it is an dug out decal however, but could be wrong.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It's a SE60, it is odd that the paint discolouration/rust staining is only confined around the decal area. A head scratcher indeed.

Doesnt the obscuring of the right wing tip suggest a dug out decal? It just looks to me like there is blue paint over the wing tip.

MAP
    ?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Doesnt the obscuring of the right wing tip suggest a dug out decal? It just looks to me like there is blue paint over the wing tip.
    Yes. Saw that and forgot to comment.

The odd part however is that the left wing appears to be perfect. If it was dug out with some type of chemical, why were they so sloppy in the middle and so perfect on the wing tips?

I don't think the decal is dug , else it would be sitting on flat paint and not textured paint.
    The discoloration or stain on the paint is unfortunate , maybe it is a stain of some kind of oil and can be cleaned off ?
    Otherwise killer helmet.

Some really good analysis by everyone here. I think the discolouration only slightly detracts from what is a really nice helmet and in an uncommon size too.
    Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast