Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe M40 - Originality check

Article about: Thanks Schwerpunkt, I've listened and instead of getting a nice DD or something similar that's been messed with I'm going to get a 100% original lid! Only downside I see of this one is the s

Default Luftwaffe M40 - Originality check

Thanks Schwerpunkt, I've listened and instead of getting a nice DD or something similar that's been messed with I'm going to get a 100% original lid! Only downside I see of this one is the strap is missing a part

Wondered what you guys thought of this LW M40 - Description:

This Luftwaffe M40 EF66 mid war helmet is fresh out of a long time collection based in Florida. The helmet is 100% untouched since 1945 with its original liner system and remnant chinstrap still intact. The outside paint is textbook blue gray textured finish with a smooth enamel finish on the inside. The Luftwaffe eagle is nicely toned and at a strong 85% still in tact with a few broken off leather fingers on the inside. One nice feature of this helmet is that EF is a rarer maker than other factories and it's also nice that this helmet is in a large size EF66. The helmet is named to the original soldaten who wore it an offizier named "Leutnant Münch" with a German umlaut (double dot) over the "ü". The helmet is double marked both Lt. M on the rear skirt of the helmet plus the name Münch clearly written in a black fountain pen on one of the leather liner fingers.

To me it looks very original and good.. Close to pulling the trigger on this one!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe M40 - Originality check   Luftwaffe M40 - Originality check  

Luftwaffe M40 - Originality check   Luftwaffe M40 - Originality check  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M40 - Originality check
    P
    Many

Quick glance looks fine, I don't see any issues.

Looks good , untouched as they need to be. The chinstrap is no issue , keep it like that. Do not complete it.

Cheers guys - definitely going 100% original. Lastly, would I be better getting a mint less rare M40 LW (one above) or a much rarer desirable DD M35 but in quite a bit worse condition?

- - ------- - -

Last edited by Liamc93; 08-23-2023 at 07:36 PM.

Hard to give advice with those photos , they could be Frankenstein creations ...

Sorry, they came up much better on my PC - I will post better ones now. Wanting to just buy a helmet now but probably split between the two Luftwaffe ones at the price range. The DD Heer is quite a bit more but also very special (but lot worse condition. The original lid I posted doesn't seem to match up to Brian Ice's book well? is this a concern - it is EF66 603
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe M40 - Originality check  
    Last edited by Liamc93; 08-23-2023 at 10:07 PM.

I will ignore the worse condition M35 here as it's a bit of a crowded post sorry. It's either the original M40 or this M35 DD heer (average condition) or this DD Luft which looks fairly nice but tricolour gone (as per regs)

I am wanting to pull the trigger on one of these and be done for now until I have a decent amount of cash in the future to get some really nice stuff! - once life permits!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe M40 - Originality check   Luftwaffe M40 - Originality check  

MAP
    ?

The Luft looks good. I would pass on the Heer. You'll be paying for a decal that is defaced.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The lufts are both around $1000 and while the heer is more like $1800 it’s still a fraction of what a mint one was hence me wondering even though the eagle is defaced it might be worth considering ?

Which of the two lufts would you go for, 35 or 40… the 40 has owners name in helmet and liner but 35 nicer condition slightly (apart from tricolour missing)

No way I’d be able to afford a real DD heer so that’s all I can see id even have a chance affording and I think it’s still quite pretty

Do you pay 2k for a broken down car that doesn’t run or 3.5 k for a working one. The broken car is 1.5 k cheaper ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast