Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M-16

Article about: Hello. Experts prompt on the helmet? Any information is important. Interested in your opinion on the camouflage. Any additional photos.

Default M-16

Hello. Experts prompt on the helmet? Any information is important. Interested in your opinion on the camouflage. Any additional photos.M-16M-16M-16M-16M-16M-16M-16M-16

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-16
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

On cell phone so difficult to judge the camo.

But that is not a WW1 German liner or chin strap
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It appears to be the liner from a French M26 Adrian, or something similar. Note the four attachment hooks around the band.

B.B.

Here is a French helmet liner for comparison. I think the shell and paint scheme stands a chance. M-16
    On second look, it is indeed a French liner snapped into the original liner band of the helmet.

I reckon its OK... but I think it is probably an M17, the liner band looks to be metal - although difficult to really tell for sure from the pictures. There also seems to be remains of the original pads attached to the band. The chinstrap looks to be original too, although only one buckle remains. Its difficult to say when the French liner was added, but probably done just to tart the helmet up. If you own the helmet, remove the liner and expose the band, it will look better for it.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    It appears to be the liner from a French M26 Adrian, or something similar. Note the four attachment hooks around the band.

B.B.
    Good eye BB
    D.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Good eye BB
    D.
    All that time I spent staring at pictures of Adrian helmets paid off!

B.B.

From the pictures the paint looks fine with the shine being due to lots of handling over the last 100 years or so. As Harry says may be a steel band but looks like it really been abused as it all out of shape.

If it’s not too expensive the shell should display nicely.

Totally agree B.B. Just an observation - the liners in my Adrian helmets seem very soft and fragile compared to German leather liners and this one looks the same. Not sure what type of leather it was.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    All that time I spent staring at pictures of Adrian helmets paid off!

B.B.
    It's how we learn. Staring & handling
    D.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast