Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M16/M18 Helmet

Article about: Hi all, Not sure what this helmet is or even if its authentic. Can anyone tell me, and possibly a ball park buy value. Thanks.

?

Default M16/M18 Helmet

Hi all,

Not sure what this helmet is or even if its authentic.

Can anyone tell me, and possibly a ball park buy value.

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16/M18 Helmet   M16/M18 Helmet  

M16/M18 Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16/M18 Helmet
    P
    Many

Appears to be an original M16 German WW1 Helmet shell size 64. The left hand chinstrap posts appears to retain one of the steel chinstrap fittings.

We don’t give valuations on this forum but are happy to provide advice on originality etc. For a rough value I would suggest looking at similar relics on eBay or websites that sell relics as you should get an idea from that.

Andy

As Andy said, an original M16 shell, though it looks as though it was painted black or something at some point.
    Luis

?

Thanks for the info. The pics do look as if its black, but under closer inspection does it look like a camo paint work?

Thank for the heads up of pricing advice will take on board.

In this condition, I would not expect to pay very much. If it is your first helmet purchase, I would suggest looking for something in better condition. M16 helmets are not yet too expensive and you can find them in better condition. Of course, if it was super cheap it might make a good place holder until something better turns up. Neil

?

Thanks for the advice. I would like a German helmet as I don't have one atm, seeing that a few I've seen can be quite pricey. As you mentioned, if I can get it at a reasonable price I'd use it as a space filler. haha.

What helmets are desirable at the moment WW2 M40?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Bullet View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I would like a German helmet as I don't have one atm, seeing that a few I've seen can be quite pricey. As you mentioned, if I can get it at a reasonable price I'd use it as a space filler. haha.

What helmets are desirable at the moment WW2 M40?
    All types of helmets are desirable. From M16's up to M42's. How desirable depends on the actual condition.

The biggest mistake is rushing to get a helmet. Often leads to buyers remorse jumping at the first or second one you see.

Plan out what you really want and know what your budget will allow. Then take your time, research, research and research until you find the right one.

Unless you are buying at the ultra top end of the market, no helmet is so rare that you have to jump on it the moment you see it. We can guarantee you there are plenty more out there if you take it slow.

Last bit of advice, buy the best condition helmet your budget will allow.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Great Advice MAP, will echo it everytime I see something that pulls on the wallet.

Yes indeed - very good advice! Please note, many dealers allow you to purchase on layaway. They know many of us can't plunk down 500 or 1,000 at one time. I have purchased numerous items in this manner. If it is not mentioned on a web site just ask. You should offer a deposit and a timeline for payments. I usually tie it to my paycheck which is every two weeks. And try to avoid ebay for the time being until you have more experience. It is a mine field. Neil