Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M17 Helmet Austrian German reissue

Article about: G'day all, Thought I'd post up this one! (probably have before?) Love the thick sandy paint on it, quite strange to me! can't remember it's maker?

Default M17 Helmet Austrian German reissue

G'day all,

Thought I'd post up this one! (probably have before?)
    Love the thick sandy paint on it, quite strange to me! can't remember it's maker?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 Helmet Austrian German reissue
    P
    Many

Looks like they went heavy with the aluminum oxide. Great looking reissue Rene.

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Looks like they went heavy with the aluminum oxide. Great looking reissue Rene.
    Cheers Goon Mate is that what it is, ha never knew and I've had this bugger since the 90's!!!

If anyone else has one? post it up I'd love to see it.

Very nice helmet Rene. Love the thick paint and nice patina where it has worn off. Judging by the green paint showing through I would say this was used by Germany between wars and was a transitional helmet in the true sense. Likely a national shield and branch decal on the shell too, but the paint is too thick to even see a shadow. Looks like it could be a BGB - BrĂ¼der Gottlieb u. Brauchbar Brunn. This manufacturer only made these in size 66. Looks like a faint B in the dome for the lot number and if so would have been for Bleckmann.

A quality helmet! Thanks for showing.
    Andy

Cheers Andy Thanks for the maker name. As far as Bleckmann I have no idea what you mean there?

Hi Rene,

Sorry, the B is for the Bleckmann Steelworks who were one of the steel rolling mills during WW1.

A

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Hi Rene,

Sorry, the B is for the Bleckmann Steelworks who were one of the steel rolling mills during WW1.

A
    No need to be sorry Mate Thanks Mate. You can crap me out any day.

now I will endeavor to scratch out the paint for decals Stanly knives work well yes?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    now I will endeavor to scratch out the paint for decals Stanly knives work well yes?
    I hear paint stripper works well too lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast