Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M18 Transitional or Reissue?

Article about: Hey guys, picked this up recently as it was interesting to me. I believe it is a m18 Transitional with an upgraded m31 liner and the old style liner split pins. It looks like it may have had

Default M18 Transitional or Reissue?

Hey guys, picked this up recently as it was interesting to me. I believe it is a m18 Transitional with an upgraded m31 liner and the old style liner split pins. It looks like it may have had decals at one point. The helmet appears a apple green color that doesn't seem like a WW1 era color of paint. Can anyone explain whether this is considered a reissue or transitional? The inside is faintly marked ET66 and I have never seen ink stamps on the back rim like this. Any insight would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M18 Transitional or Reissue?   M18 Transitional or Reissue?  

M18 Transitional or Reissue?   M18 Transitional or Reissue?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 Transitional or Reissue?
    P
    Many

I was mainly curious about the ink stamps

Nice Lid, Good M31 Liner and Chinstrap appear original to the Helmet...Personally, I speculate it's a Wehrmacht Reissue, possibly worn until the end of the War...The Stamps are a feature that I've never seen before either - but I like them and they may have been applied during the Reissue/Inventory Process...I look forward to our dedicated Stahlhelm Collectors' Opinions on this Interesting Helmet...Thanks for showing!
    cheers, Glenn

It's too bad the decals were removed. Maybe a heer decal on the left. Who knows what was on the right side. Perhaps a Prussian Shield