Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M34 Curved Dip Helmet Identification

Article about: Hi everyone. I recently picked up this M34 to go with others in my collection. I'd just like your thoughts on it, I am under the assumption its a post war version. It is an unmarked shell. N

?

Default M34 Curved Dip Helmet Identification

Hi everyone. I recently picked up this M34 to go with others in my collection.

I'd just like your thoughts on it, I am under the assumption its a post war version. It is an unmarked shell. No perforations/sweat holes compared to the post war large sweat holes that you see.

I have noticed majority of post war M34's tend to have 2 holes on the top row of the vent holes, compared to WW2 and earlier versions to which they have a single hole on the top row of the vent holes, if that makes sense. Could it be an original later war shell, repurposed with a post war liner? I have numerous others and obviously this one is alot better condition that the older ones, and they are all square dip.

Thankyou and look forward to your responses.

Ben.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M34 Curved Dip Helmet Identification   M34 Curved Dip Helmet Identification  

M34 Curved Dip Helmet Identification   M34 Curved Dip Helmet Identification  

M34 Curved Dip Helmet Identification  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M34 Curved Dip Helmet Identification
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

The Helmet was certainly used post war. But not sure if the shell was just refurbished. Some of our Civi guys should be able to
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)