Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M34 for discusson please.

Article about: As this Helmet is being offered on ebay the seller has a few slightly varied examples of M34. my question is this a good gap filler until i can purchase a DD orignal.? does the gloss black d

Default M34 for discusson please.

As this Helmet is being offered on ebay the seller has a few slightly varied examples of M34.
    my question is this a good gap filler until i can purchase a DD orignal.?
    does the gloss black de-value it a lot.?
    Is it actually a wartime example.?
    does the T inside the box stamp marking stand for THALE and we're they only producing during WW2?
    sorry for all the questions but its at a fair price to me but want to know what you guys think about me purchasing or not.
    thanks in advance as always.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M34 for discusson please.   M34 for discusson please.  

M34 for discusson please.   M34 for discusson please.  

M34 for discusson please.   M34 for discusson please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M34 for discusson please.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Definitely post war repaint. The exterior does not match the interior. Plus, given this difference I would say the exterior paint is new(ish) and not part of a post war "refurb" for use by firefighters.

Based on that....I don't see it as a filler. But all depends on the price. (assume when you say DD you mean a Civic DD and not a military M35 DD)

The rest looks to be period. No idea on the "T".
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

As map said it looks like a post war repaint, IMO your probably better off with saving that money you would spend on this and put it towards a nice original DD lid which in the long run you would be a lot happier with.

Thanks guys yes your right,better in the long run to wait and go without rather than have something you wouln't be entirely happy with.!!!