Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M34 red cross

Article about: Hello everyone, Im looking to buy this helmet from a friend. Looks like a good m34 good liner good chinstrap and decal But i want to be sure before spending money. Thank you in advance.

Default M34 red cross

Hello everyone,

Im looking to buy this helmet from a friend.
    Looks like a good m34 good liner good chinstrap and decal
    But i want to be sure before spending money. Thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M34 red cross   M34 red cross  

M34 red cross  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M34 red cross
    P
    Many

The decal is not good.

You can compare it with the ones on my website.
    Deutches Rotes Kreuz (DRK) – German Helmet Vault

Ok. Can you tell what exactly is nog good on this decal?

Quote by Skorzeny View Post
    Ok. Can you tell what exactly is nog good on this decal?
    Just have a look at the decals in my link , you will see it easily. Also I never see them on black helmets.

Well i looked at your website but i dont really see what you mean what is such an obvious difference? When i look at the helmet i dont really see a clear red flag so maybe you can give some specific clarrity to what you mean exactly? Thank you allready.

If you look at both decals side by side you can see many differences.

Look at the head of the eagle, the original has more detail in the eye, eyebrow and mouth. Look at the lack of detail in yours. It is missing the darker spot of the eye, the eyebrow is not defined, the mouth is too wide and does not extend as it does with the original. The beak of the eagle is too thick on yours compared to the sharp detail on the original.

Look at how the eagle is perched on the Red Cross on the original and notice the wide gap on yours. The red section of the cross should be touching the talons and with yours it does not.

Next look at the talons on the original decal compared to the lack of detail on the one you have pictured.

Smitty

It's a Fireman's ( Feuerwehrmann ) helmet - with the tabs to connect the leather neck protector.

The Rotes Kreuz put out figurative fires, but not actual ones!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

If there should not be a gap between the talons and the red cross does that mean that the helmet in the bear book is also a fake one? It has the same gap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M34 red cross  

Quote by Skorzeny View Post
    If there should not be a gap between the talons and the red cross does that mean that the helmet in the bear book is also a fake one? It has the same gap.
    I can't speak for Baer's helmet as the photos are in B&W and but yours is not fake just because of the floating claws over the swastika. There's more starting with the black shell and other design flaws that I do not see on Baer's example.