Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M34 Square Dip Fire/Police Helmet w/Comb and Neckflap

Article about: This week I pulled out the fire helmets. This one, an unmarked square dip M34 shell has standard Police decals, a chrome comb, an immaculate liner/chinstrap assembly, and the original neck f

Default M34 Square Dip Fire/Police Helmet w/Comb and Neckflap

This week I pulled out the fire helmets. This one, an unmarked square dip M34 shell has standard Police decals, a chrome comb, an immaculate liner/chinstrap assembly, and the original neck flap. The size 56 liner and the flap are marked with the number “16” - a rack number I suspect. The chinstrap buckle is unlike any other I have seen, and, interestingly enough, there are rounded cork spacers on the 2 rear split pins. It is complete and exactly the way it was when it left the factory. You can still see the foam cushion between the comb and the shell. It has some wear on the exterior but still is in remarkably good shape. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M34 Square Dip Fire/Police Helmet w/Comb and Neckflap   M34 Square Dip Fire/Police Helmet w/Comb and Neckflap  

M34 Square Dip Fire/Police Helmet w/Comb and Neckflap   M34 Square Dip Fire/Police Helmet w/Comb and Neckflap  

M34 Square Dip Fire/Police Helmet w/Comb and Neckflap   M34 Square Dip Fire/Police Helmet w/Comb and Neckflap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M34 Square Dip Fire/Police Helmet w/Comb and Neckflap
    P
    Many

Here are the rest of the shots.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M34 Square Dip Fire/Police Helmet w/Comb and Neckflap   M34 Square Dip Fire/Police Helmet w/Comb and Neckflap  

M38
    ?

Crisp example Jim! Round spacers?!?

Cheers,
    Terry

Hi Terry, Yes, rounded spacers, but most definitely original to the helmet. The spacers seem to have been custom/hand trimmed. I just had never seen rounded spacers on a TR vintage helmet before, or since, for that matter. Cheers, Jim G.

M38
    ?

I agree Jim, that was my thinking as well. Just when we think we've seen it all........

Cheers,
    Terry

MAP
    ?

Top quality example Jim!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I believe Donald says very late war with regard to round cork spacers , great example.