Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 chicken wire helmet

Article about: Hey happy New Year everyone. I found this helmet for sale. What do you guys think about it and the chicken wire?

Default M35 chicken wire helmet

Hey happy New Year everyone. I found this helmet for sale. What do you guys think about it and the chicken wire?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 chicken wire helmet   M35 chicken wire helmet  

M35 chicken wire helmet   M35 chicken wire helmet  

M35 chicken wire helmet   M35 chicken wire helmet  

M35 chicken wire helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 chicken wire helmet
    P
    Many

Happy New Year - the wire is not original to the helmet - a very poor attempt to sex up a combat lid

ah what a shame. Thank you for the quick reply. I have some books on the way that I'm looking forward to reading so I can educate myself more. Thank you for checking it out !

No way is that wire 70 years old, it looks like it was fitted a few weeks ago!....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    No way is that wire 70 years old, it looks like it was fitted a few weeks ago!....
    And there is a hole in my fence...

Hi, as you can see, there is no "bedding down" of the wire to the steel and the wear beneath the wire is much heavier than if it were in place at the time of use. Leon.

instead of just posting and asking, I'm trying to learn. So if it were a real wire camo helmet then the wire itself would be more imbedded to the helmet. Also it would have surface wear from where the wire rubbed against the helmet. Both of which do not do on this helmet. I also heard that European wire and western wire was different because west made wire usually reverses twist half way. Is all that right? Trying to learn haha

Quote by General Patton View Post
    I also heard that European wire and western wire was different because west made wire usually reverses twist half way. Is all that right? Trying to learn haha
    That is correct.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    And there is a hole in my fence...
    damn...that was TOO funny. Spit out my drink laughing
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Okay, well too bad it's a dud but if anything I learned some good info. Thanks guys! And sorry about the hole in your fence 😂

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast