Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 Damaged SE Decal

Article about: So, being new to this I have been offered an SE helmet with this damaged decal on it. I'm assuming this damaged decal to be a very bad boy but would like it to be confirmed by an expert and

Default M35 Damaged SE Decal

So, being new to this I have been offered an SE helmet with this damaged decal on it.

I'm assuming this damaged decal to be a very bad boy but would like it to be confirmed by an expert and see if my reasoning is correct.

Would a real decal on an SE M35 be more likely to show flaking especially if, as reported, this had been left in a loft (which begs the question how did it get in this state in the first place).

Most of the important elements seem to have been damaged, which is suspicious in itself.

But the main thing about this decal, to my eye, is that left wing as you look at it. The vertical feathers should be at more of a right angle to the main body of the eagle where this looks as though they are at a much more acute angle.

To my untrained eye this looks an obvious devil decal, am I right?

This is where someone now says, actually it looks alright!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Damaged SE Decal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Damaged SE Decal
    P
    Many

Do you have more pictures of the whole helmet rest of the shell and liner. Seems like this could be a Re-issued M35

The low resolution picture doesn't really help, but i wouldn't right it off just yet.
    It looks like an ET decal - can you get better pictures?

nick

This is the only liner picture I have.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Damaged SE Decal  

I do only have low res at the moment. Awaiting more pictures from the owner.

I really did think this was a "no chance".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Damaged SE Decal   M35 Damaged SE Decal  

This dealers inventory is very questionable - for sure get better pictures.
    I'm not saying this helmet is bad - but he has some real stinkers up for sale.
    nick

Indeed best to get better photos of the helmet.
    By the way, this section of the forum is supposed to be a gallery of original decals for reference, not for authentication of just decals.
    If you want authentication, just post it in the main helmet forum, you'll probably also get more replies there.
    Just so you know for next time.
    Luis

MAP
    ?

Thread moved.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I've been sent four more photos of the liner/shell/rings.

Is this looking hopeful? If so, I've got this one completely wrong.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Damaged SE Decal   M35 Damaged SE Decal  

M35 Damaged SE Decal   M35 Damaged SE Decal  

Zinc/steel banded liner in an M35.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast