MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 DD Heer

Article about: I’m needing the experts opinions on this helmet. It’s listed as batch number 4622 ET62. I was looking through the German helmet vault website and it lists this batch number helmet as a DD Po

Default M35 DD Heer

I’m needing the experts opinions on this helmet. It’s listed as batch number 4622 ET62. I was looking through the German helmet vault website and it lists this batch number helmet as a DD Polizei beaded helmet with a civic liner. I’m obviously still learning about German helmets so I’m confused by it compared to what the German helmet vault chart shows. Is this helmet authentic? Listed as early M35 original DD with original Apple green paint. Thanks for the help.

M35 DD Heer
    M35 DD Heer
    M35 DD Heer
    M35 DD Heer
    M35 DD Heer
    M35 DD Heer
    M35 DD Heer
    M35 DD Heer
    M35 DD Heer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Heer
    P
    Many

It's a good authentic lid, with nice looking decals.

Quote by dunit35 View Post
    It’s listed as batch number 4622 ET62. I was looking through the German helmet vault website and it lists this batch number helmet as a DD Polizei beaded helmet with a civic liner. I’m obviously still learning about German helmets so I’m confused by it compared to what the German helmet vault chart shows. Is this helmet authentic? Listed as early M35 original DD with original Apple green paint.
    The Lot number is simply the number for a batch of helmets - likely associated to the batch of steel used for them. Multiple helmets are made from each lot number and they can correlate to any branch - Polizei, Heer, KM, Luft etc...
    nick

Thanks for the help to both of you. I was confused by the batch numbers.

All good with this one. Mother information provided in the earlier responses is 100% correct.

Beautiful helmet with the right amount of wear for me.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

TWS
    ?

It looks good from here.

To chime in with what nick said about batch numbers: Those were literally batch numbers from the helmet manufacturer. The helmet factory may have a huge crucible of molten steel come out of the blast furnace and it's enough to make 1000 helmets (arbitrary number, I don't know how big batches were). Say they have three current orders for helmets consisting of 500 Heer, 300 Luftwaffe, and 200 Polizei helmets . Well, that batch of steel is going to be used to make those various helmets to fill the factory's current orders, all stamped with the same batch number. It's quality control so they know which batch of steel each of those 1000 helmets came from.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

A super looking helmet. I see no issues. Leon.

Thanks for the help everyone. Put the helmet on layaway this morning. It’s a beautiful helmet with just the right amount of wear.

Love the helmet congratulations hopefully you’ll post more pictures when you get it a awesome helmet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast