Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 DD Kriegsmarine - ET64 - Lot# 4084

Article about: I pulled this one out this weekend. I don’t recall if I have posted it before but double decal navy helmets aren’t that common so I am posting it today (again?). It is one from the first

Default M35 DD Kriegsmarine - ET64 - Lot# 4084

I pulled this one out this weekend. I don’t recall if I have posted it before but double decal navy helmets aren’t that common so I am posting it today (again?). It is one from the first ET run, an ET64 with lot #4084, complete with an unreinforced aluminum banded liner and strap. It was definitely in the field - there are circular stains on the leather from when it was rested on the soldier’s gas mask canister. The Adler has taken a few unfortunate hits but the tri color is nearly 100%! There are numbers and what I think is a name written (in pencil?) on the apron. The paint has what some charitably describe as patina - I call it rust. Not mint, but a real “been there” piece. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD Kriegsmarine - ET64 - Lot# 4084   M35 DD Kriegsmarine - ET64 - Lot# 4084  

M35 DD Kriegsmarine - ET64 - Lot# 4084   M35 DD Kriegsmarine - ET64 - Lot# 4084  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Kriegsmarine - ET64 - Lot# 4084
    P
    Many

Jim,

A wonderful looking helmet.. I like the "Rustina" (There, new vocabulary for collectors) It's not patina, its not rust, its RUSTINA...

Smitty

What's not to like about this one.
    Most M35 KMs I've seen have had the tricolor scratched off, so seeing one with it intact is very nice.
    Just missing the shots of the inside
    Thanks for showing.
    Luis

Decal pix, liner apron stamps and inscriptions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD Kriegsmarine - ET64 - Lot# 4084   M35 DD Kriegsmarine - ET64 - Lot# 4084  

Love it Jim , glad to see a topic with an unmolested German helmet for a change here.

It's actually a very nice looking double decal KM lid.

A really nice used example Jim. I especially like the light green liner pins! And the photos of the decal ridge are fantastic.
    Andy

Very Nice Jim. Look like its been to Sea many a time. Just the way I like them. It seems that KM ET M35s didnt "hold the paint" as well as other M35s (Heer, Police, ETc) .... now .... this could be just my imagination. But KMs I feel are the only ones I see bald if you will with just bare metal showing + decal devoid of any green..... appearing almost Brown. Now yours has a bunch of the green left. I know MAP has a green one, Franks has a Lightish Green one, almost like the paint is thinner or something with ET KMs. I do too but the crown is Bare-ish metal but with Patina not rust.

I have seen many examples like this with not many explanations. Maybe there is a thread I have missed or defintely a book I may not have. Just an observation. I have heard the "salt from the sea water" once or twice cause more rust and wear but I dont know. Hmm...wonder if anyone has similar observations. Maybe Heers were more often re painted than KMs that just had the tricolor removed and thats registering in my brain.

Well anyway .... this one is great ...I love it .... Thanks for sharing
    Z

••• Actually 1st example on Ken Bs site is exactly what Im talking about and when I have time Ill dig some more

MAP
    ?

Nice clear ridge on the decal Jim. A nice helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

M38
    ?

Nice helmet Jim. Has character inside and out. Not easy to find these in any condition.

Cheers,
    Terry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast