Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M35 DD Luftwaffe - Shipgrey?

Article about: Hello Forum, A collector buddy of mine made this steal at a Flea market in Denmark, an nice OG Quist 66 Shell for 40 bucks. But in addition to that you can see 2 ghost decals. My first impre

Default M35 DD Luftwaffe - Shipgrey?

Hello Forum,

A collector buddy of mine made this steal at a Flea market in Denmark, an nice OG Quist 66 Shell for 40 bucks.
    But in addition to that you can see 2 ghost decals. My first impression of the Outer Paint was that its Post War, but on closer inspection i think it may be an KM overpaint, possibly Schnellbotweiss?

Any help and Opinions greatly appreciated as always!

M35 DD Luftwaffe - Shipgrey?M35 DD Luftwaffe - Shipgrey?M35 DD Luftwaffe - Shipgrey?M35 DD Luftwaffe - Shipgrey?M35 DD Luftwaffe - Shipgrey?M35 DD Luftwaffe - Shipgrey?M35 DD Luftwaffe - Shipgrey?

M35 DD Luftwaffe - Shipgrey?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Luftwaffe - Shipgrey?
    P
    Many

I believe Denmark used to paint German helmets this color post war.
    Also the inside dome color does not seem to be the LW factory blue , more black?

My Buddy claims it to be a rather dark blue, but his camera cant make better pics. As we know the Luftwaffe Blue can be hard to photograph sometimes. I´ve also heard from danish helmets being painted that way, but then the color also looks very much like Schnellbootweiss. Its hard to judge imo. although i still think that its possible its a War Time paintjob.

You can never be sure that it has anything to do with the KM. Personally I don't think it has.

Well, the other possibility is to remove the paint with acetone and look if a nice DD Lufty is under there... but personally i would not do that. The way its painted, looks more like a Sloppy Soldier job, then a complete reissue - also i have yet to see an OG. Danish reissue, has anyone pics to compare it too?

Your friend got a great score for $40. Probably not a good idea to be tempted to uncover any decals as I think it is just the remains of the backing and no decal remains. But very tidy and solid for that price.