Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

M35 DD LW "Normandy Camo"

Article about: Hi, Waiting for this real tough combat vet M35 DD LW "Normandy Camo" helmet - to come home. ...first pattern LW eagle. ...arrive first thing next year. Regards Replace

Default M35 DD LW "Normandy Camo"

Hi,

Waiting for this real tough combat vet M35 DD LW "Normandy Camo" helmet - to come home.
    ...first pattern LW eagle.
    ...arrive first thing next year.

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD LW "Normandy Camo"   M35 DD LW "Normandy Camo"  

M35 DD LW "Normandy Camo"   M35 DD LW "Normandy Camo"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD LW "Normandy Camo"
    P
    Many

I saw this one for sale and really liked it. Glad you picked it up.
    Nick

Agree...a good looking camo
    D.

Hi, firstly i will say that i am "NOT" questioning the originality of this helmet, it all looks superb to me, great classic camo colour scheme with good honest wear. I am a touch confused as to why the Adler was removed yet the National shield was left alone under the camo scheme? If anything i would expect the opposite, but hey, these lids have been through a lot, both during and after the war, so i guess this is a question lost to history!! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, firstly i will say that i am "NOT" questioning the originality of this helmet, it all looks superb to me, great classic camo colour scheme with good honest wear. I am a touch confused as to why the Adler was removed yet the National shield was left alone under the camo scheme? If anything i would expect the opposite, but hey, these lids have been through a lot, both during and after the war, so i guess this is a question lost to history!! Leon.
    Hello,
    In my opinion, the tricolor shield has been left alone because it was invisible, hidden under the paint and the Adler has been removed because it was visible...i could be wrong of course
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    In my opinion, the tricolor shield has been left alone because it was invisible, hidden under the paint and the Adler has been removed because it was visible...i could be wrong of course
    Thanks
    Hi Phillip, more than likely, although it does not look like the Adler area was "masked off" or painted around? The decal outline is quite clear, yet the removed camo paint does not seem to have damaged the original layer, especially the further away it gets. Just does not look "scrapped" to my eye's? Again, i will say, i like the helmet, it is just an unusual one!
    EDIT: Maybe it was simply that post war, the Adler and swastika was only covered by the light tan and was a bit "to visable" for someone's taste and was removed? Leon.

Who knows what happened to these Lids either during the conflict, or in someone’s workshop in the 60’s ..... I think we pay to much attention to text book detail.
    I personally do not not like Camo’s as you just do not know what’s lurking under the paint!!

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Thanks
    I think you are spot on.
    ...it's possible that the eagle was painted around and the later removed because of the danger that follows a visible eagle.
    ...also wear to the camo over the eagle, could be a reason to remove the hole eagle.

The wear to the bare metal under the eagle is consistent to others areas of bare metal on the helmet.

Chinstrap is unit-marked - to a unit that has been stationed in Normandy of course.

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD LW "Normandy Camo"  

Quote by Stevade View Post
    Who knows what happened to these Lids either during the conflict, or in someone’s workshop in the 60’s ..... I think we pay to much attention to text book detail.
    I personally do not not like Camo’s as you just do not know what’s lurking under the paint!!
    The passage of time certainly causes many anomalies on these lids, but as we all know, there is no such thing as "text book" when it comes to a camo! It seems Phillip, Replace and myself are the only one's who will entertain "digging" a bit deeper here on this one, after all, it was not so long ago that a "text book" looking camo was given the green light by 99% of us here only to be proven a bad one by Frank's "eagle eye's" and close inspection. Again, i am not saying this one is bad, but it does exhibit an unusual feature here as it does not look as though the decal was masked off or painted around, yet was still removed for whatever reason, even though the National shield, whilst visible was left. Leon.

There may be a spec of the decal left (hard to be sure from this photo).
    I would be getting that under the USB scope for curiosity if this were mine.
    I agree that the missing luftwaffe decal is unusual though.
    Nick

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast