Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 Heer ?73

Article about: So i am finally looking to purchase my first original helmet and i came across this one. Neither me or the seller can make out the batch number but it looks like ..73 It's ink stamped "

?

Default M35 Heer ?73

So i am finally looking to purchase my first original helmet and i came across this one.

Neither me or the seller can make out the batch number but it looks like ..73

It's ink stamped "62".

M35 Heer ?73
    M35 Heer ?73
    M35 Heer ?73
    M35 Heer ?73
    M35 Heer ?73
    M35 Heer ?73

What are your thoughts? Is it a good helmet?

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Heer ?73
    P
    Many

Looks like a reissue. Pic of the whole liner would be good. Also the other side of the whole helmet would be good
    Z

?

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    Looks like a reissue. Pic of the whole liner would be good. Also the other side of the whole helmet would be good
    Z
    Oops, forgot those 2 pics somehow, ill upload them right now.

M35 Heer ?73 M35 Heer ?73 M35 Heer ?73

I dunno. A steel liner in ...what appears to me to be an M35 seems a little funky to me. But could have been refitted during warrtime. An overhauled helmet thats period replaced liner. Dunno whats going on on the decal side. Wait for more opinions friend
    Z

?

I dunno. A steel liner in ...what appears to me to be an M35 seems a little funky to me. But could have been refitted during warrtime. An overhauled helmet thats period replaced liner. Dunno whats going on on the decal side. Wait for more opinions friend
    Z
    Thank you!

Maybe it’s just an M40 in which case all is good. Inside is gray. Can you see maker mark. Like HKP64 or anything like that ?

Just get thrown by the puckered vent hole

?

Maybe it’s just an M40 in which case all is good. Inside is gray. Can you see maker mark. Like HKP64 or anything like that ?
    The maker mark is unreadable unfortunately. The only somewhat readable stamp is the ...73 one.

Here is the other stamp:

M35 Heer ?73

M35 for me judging by the vents being inserts. I think re-issued with a steel liner band and repainted. The decal appears as though it may have been liberated at some stage which also points to it being a reissue. Liner looks named which is a nice addition.

Liner pins look fine from the outside but perhaps ask for some photos of the pins from the inside. Looks OK to me but wait for other opinions of course.

Andy

Looks like a reissued M35 to me to, the decal does have some paint over it so it's a guess if the paint broke off (natural wear) or if the decal was revealed. But it impacts the price. (or should)
    I'd look for a better one just to be sure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast