Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 Heer ET66

Article about: Your opinions on this helmet would be appreciated. TIA, Bruce

?

Default M35 Heer ET66

Your opinions on this helmet would be appreciated.

TIA,
    Bruce
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Heer ET66   M35 Heer ET66  

M35 Heer ET66   M35 Heer ET66  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Heer ET66
    P
    Many

?

Interesting helmet--I like it. If that's a bullet hole nobody was wearing it at the time since there's no sign of blood. The experts will want a head-on closeup of the Heer decal, lot number and a good eval of the chinstrap which looks comparatively new.

Can you post a decal closeup?

Quote by vibmon View Post
    Interesting helmet--I like it. If that's a bullet hole nobody was wearing it at the time since there's no sign of blood. The experts will want a head-on closeup of the Heer decal, lot number and a good eval of the chinstrap which looks comparatively new.
    The lack of blood proves absolutely nothing.

Well, the lack of blood makes it unlikely that someone wore it at the time?

Quote by Adravor View Post
    Well, the lack of blood makes it unlikely that someone wore it at the time?
    Why? The missile entered the helmet at reduced velocity after the initial strike... there is no sign of internal impact at end of travel, and there doesn't appear to be a hole in the liner although the tear to the liner might have been done by the missile. You cannot automatically assume that the helmet should be stained just because it has a hole in it. You should be thinking that the helmet did it's job and saved the wearer, or it wasn't being worn at the time. But there is no proof whether it was being worn or not.

MAP
    ?

Interesting helmet. Agree with Frank. A close up of the decal is needed.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for your comments and interest.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Heer ET66   M35 Heer ET66  

MAP
    ?

Looks like a good ET decal. But may have been scrubbed to liberate it from under the camo

Not sure on the chin strap. A replacement at best. On the fence about the name on the back. Might be good just can't tell from these photos.

M35 Heer ET66
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for your thoughts. I'll try to post some more pics of the chinstrap soon.

Another name has been scratched beneath the painted name: Schlote. Again, will post more images soon.

FYI: I bought the helmet in '86 during the summer holidays before my final year of school. It's the only M35 in my collection and I plan on offloading it sooner rather than later.

It's dated 1937 on the liner band and also on the inside of the shell; see attached image.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Heer ET66  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast