Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 Heer reissue battle damaged

Article about: As I was just explaing to Michael a few posts ago how slow collecting has been going for me the past year and a half I got offered a helmet from a friend of mine that I always liked. It's an

Default M35 Heer reissue battle damaged

As I was just explaing to Michael a few posts ago how slow collecting has been going for me the past year and a half I got offered a helmet from a friend of mine that I always liked.
    It's an ET 64 with lot number 4696 and a 1940 dated alu reinforced liner band.

Decal painted around. One vent and the rear rivet blew out.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Heer reissue battle damaged   M35 Heer reissue battle damaged  

M35 Heer reissue battle damaged   M35 Heer reissue battle damaged  

M35 Heer reissue battle damaged   M35 Heer reissue battle damaged  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Heer reissue battle damaged
    P
    Many

That was one lucky soldat!

MAP
    ?

Nice pick up Frank.

I agree with Jim. From the angle it looks like this soldier might have gotten very lucky. I have a relic helmet with a very similar location for the bullet entry and exit.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A nice salty veteran of the front lines! I reckon he was probably lucky too especially if the liner is anything to go on. Perhaps a bit like the soldier below.
    M35 Heer reissue battle damaged

Great pic Andy....a soldat illustrating the possibilities of.....'not keeping your head down'
    surely ?
    Paul

Quote by Pauls1970 View Post
    Great pic Andy....a soldat illustrating the possibilities of.....'not keeping your head down'
    surely ?
    Paul
    I’ve seen similar photos and know that Ernst Junger, author of Storm of Steel was hit by a bullet that passed straight through the top of his M16 and knocked him off his feet. I think the dome on WW1 lids gave a little extra clearance than the smaller TR helmets.

Thanks everyone. Andy great photo I knew it and hoped somebody would post it.

He got a new hair part at least!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Cool helmet. I like these damaged ones.

That soldier almost got two crosses that day, an Iron one and a wooden one!

I've also heard of people using surplus helmets postwar as target practice or to 'Spiffy' up helmets for GI's like Walt Disney allegedly did after the first World War.
    I like the way this one looks though.

Thank you for sharing sir!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast