Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M35 Heer Reissue SD Helmet

Article about: I found this M35 Heer reissue SD helmet at lakesidetrader and would appreciate comments on its authenticity. Thanks. https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item.php?ID=11290

MAP
    ?

Thanks for posting the pics. General rule (actually a hard rule. See https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/techn...uncements.html) is that pics need to be upload...otherwise.....as noted above......they vanish....

Now my question? What is up with the rear liner pin on the helmet? I've never see one like that before...(to bad Ken N's book I ordered over a week ago hasn't arrived or I would probably have been able to answer this question myself......just my luck). Can anyone answer this?

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Heer Reissue SD Helmet
    P
    Many

?

In case you missed the description. It said;

This is a good size heavy combat worn example. It is painted with textured dark green paint. There is some surface scratches and a very small dent to the reverse skirt. The decal is pretty good. The side of the interior of the shell is stamped "ET66" and lot numbered, "4787". Someone has cleaned the stamp areas. The stamps are not deep and unclear. The chin strap and liner are Italian replacements. Though the liner is a period one I have no idea when it was replaced. This is how it arrived from a collector. The liner has a replacement drawstring and is darkened and on the fragile side with some cracks and a tear on one of the tabs. It is size 57 marked. The chin strap looks to be a modern replacement.

?

I believe the rear liner pin is a replacement too.

I think the cap of the rear pin just came off.

MAP
    ?

Quote by JeffV View Post
    I believe the rear liner pin is a replacement too.
    Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Thanks guys. That explains it. I've just never seen that before.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I agree! Also, the liner was for a smaller helmet and has had the extra piece added to make up the gap. A good liner would do wonders for this helmet - keep a look out.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Early aluminum liners are hard to find. :-(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2