Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this M35 helmet genuine

Article about: Hi Looking at building up my small collection of helmets and have seen a M35 helmet in an auction house online catalogue.Looks ok to my relatively uneducated eye but I would really welcome a

Default Is this M35 helmet genuine

Hi
    Looking at building up my small collection of helmets and have seen a M35 helmet in an auction house online catalogue.Looks ok to my relatively uneducated eye but I would really welcome any comments from forum members who are experts in this field.
    The auction house gives no info on any marks etc evident on the helmet in its catalogue description .

Apologies for poor quality photos but they are the best I can get from the auction house catalogue.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Is this M35 helmet genuineIs this M35 helmet genuineIs this M35 helmet genuineIs this M35 helmet genuine

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this M35 helmet genuine
    P
    Many

No,no,no,no do not bid... bad helmet.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Correct...Nothing good here
    D.

Many thanks for the speedy replies.To improve my knowledge for any future purchases can you tell me why this particular helmet is so obviously wrong.Is it the decal,the liner or is it something else?

Shame on the auction house for selling this. The artificial ageing on a crud helmet has been very poorly done.
    Nick

Quote by Tyleriboy View Post
    Many thanks for the speedy replies.To improve my knowledge for any future purchases can you tell me why this particular helmet is so obviously wrong.Is it the decal,the liner or is it something else?
    Everything you said is wrong. Auctions are the worst place to start with a collection.

Sadly auction houses have no scruples about selling fakes. The helmet in question is complete trash. They just use ambiguous terms such as "buyer to determine age" or give next to no information on the lot full stop! They are there to make money, end of, and if a bidder gets sold a pup they will simply state that originality is one persons opinion against another. Leon.

Many thanks for the comment.Its sad that reputable auction houses do little to protect buyers

Even the 'decals' are not decals at all. They look like printed paper glued on.

Looks like it might be one of the Chinese made repros.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast