Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing?

Article about: Hi everyone, I am brand new here and this is my first post. I am considering buying this helmet, which comes with quite a few documents, but it will cost several hundred dollars, and I only

Default M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing?

Hi everyone, I am brand new here and this is my first post. I am considering buying this helmet, which comes with quite a few documents, but it will cost several hundred dollars, and I only have until tomorrow to decide whether to buy it or not. Could people please advise me whether it is something I should purchase or not? Many thanks, Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing?  M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing?  M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing?  M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing?  M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing?  M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing?  M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing?  M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing?  M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing?  M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing?  M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing?  M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing?  M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing?  M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing?  M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing?
    P
    Many

Welcome. Not the best pics to judge the decal and is there anything left of a decal on the other side? The paint/components all look original to me.

?

Why does the color not match the shell ??
    Attached Images Attached Images M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing?  M35 helmet - is this worth purchasing? 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

pretty poor pictures if you are looking to spend a few hundred bucks. The picture size is too small and no decal close-ups.
    The helmet is not as such a top piece so if the docs are worth it go for it.

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Why does the color not match the shell ??
    Because they are early brass split pins that don't retain paint well.

The paint residue on the visor is interesting. Could be the remnants of a wartime cammo job or a post war repaint. Worthy of further investigation.......

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

A decent looking 35, but nothing of enormous scarcity. I would not invest a Large amount of money into it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Danmark, I'm actually a mate of the poster and we were looking at it at work yesterday morning. It's being sold with the other items as a part of the collection of an Panzer Division soldier. The paint (what little of it there is) does look ok in my limited experience. There's not much yellow camo left at all making it a bit more convincing. Looks like it may have started as originally apple green then dark green and the later camo. Curious as to why the seller didn't show a close up of the decal though. The liner is a bit dubious for my liking. Be curious to know.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Hi Danmark, I'm actually a mate of the poster and we were looking at it at work yesterday morning. It's being sold with the other items as a part of the collection of an Panzer Division soldier. The paint (what little of it there is) does look ok in my limited experience. There's not much yellow camo left at all making it a bit more convincing. Looks like it may have started as originally apple green then dark green and the later camo. Curious as to why the seller didn't show a close up of the decal though. The liner is a bit dubious for my liking. Be curious to know.
    Nothing wrong with the liner or the interior , the outside is what needs your attention.

Hi Danmark, The accompanying papers, etc are for a member of the Africa Corps - does this sound right? Matt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast