Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 with light grey paint and luftwaffe blau.

Article about: Hello i've got this helmet for a few months now and i have posted it on Reddit and i didn't get a definitive answer. So the helmet has as a first layer some sort of applegreen/feldgrau paint

Default M35 with light grey paint and luftwaffe blau.

Hello
    i've got this helmet for a few months now and i have posted it on Reddit and i didn't get a definitive answer.
    So the helmet has as a first layer some sort of applegreen/feldgrau paint and over that layer there is this light gray paint wich the tricolor decal is applied to and over that layer there is some sort of Luftwaffe blau?
    Does anybody know why this helmet has such a weird combinations of paint?
    M35
    -ET64

M35 with light grey paint and luftwaffe blau.M35 with light grey paint and luftwaffe blau.M35 with light grey paint and luftwaffe blau.M35 with light grey paint and luftwaffe blau.M35 with light grey paint and luftwaffe blau.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 with light grey paint and luftwaffe blau.
    P
    Many

I can only see two layers in these images, the original? and the rough field applied second coat.

Maybe the first and second are the same paint, just with colour fading in areas making it look like two?

Then again, photos can be misleading, you have it in hand. See what others reckon?

Cheers,Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Dan, in the photos its indeed misleading , you can't see the green paint on the inside and the grey in the picture is way darker than it actually is , in hand it's comparable to stainless steel and the blue paint is also darker than on the picture.

cheers

MAP
    ?

Very interesting. As alour esteemed Danmark has said, it sometimes difficult to make a determination from photos.

My guess is that it is a relic that has been scrubbed and cleaned with Oxalic acid which is changing the color of the paint.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)