Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 Luftwaffe

Article about: Hi gents, just like to show this recent luftwaffe lid I brought. It has the original smooth blue grey paint, the tri colour decal has been scrapped off and repainted as per regs.The luftwaff

Default M35 Luftwaffe

Hi gents, just like to show this recent luftwaffe lid I brought. It has the original smooth blue grey paint, the tri colour decal has been scrapped off and repainted as per regs.The luftwaffe unit stamp is partially visable on the interier crown and the chinstrap has a luftwaffe property stamp (LBA). I purchased this from John at Eagle relics and must say the service was excellent, before he had even cashed my cheque (yes i still use them!) I had already received the helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Luftwaffe   M35 Luftwaffe  

M35 Luftwaffe   M35 Luftwaffe  

M35 Luftwaffe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Default pic of Chinstrap

LBA marked chinstrap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Luftwaffe  

A very nice lufty reissue helmet, looks great.

M38
    ?

Nice looking combat helmet. Decal area is interesting. Is there another decal under the top one? Looks like there may be, due to cracking in the paint. Also looks like maybe the swaz was touched up as it is so much whiter. The bottom tail of the swastika was folded over a bit too when applied, a fairly common thing with Luft decals. Nice dome stamp. Congrats on your purchase.

Cheers,
    Terry

with a low lot number should the possible decal under the second one be a droop tail? It does to look like a second pattern one under the present one.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    with a low lot number should the possible decal under the second one be a droop tail? It does to look like a second pattern one under the present one.
    Marty
    I think you may be right Marty.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by M38 View Post
    Nice looking combat helmet. Decal area is interesting. Is there another decal under the top one? Looks like there may be, due to cracking in the paint. Also looks like maybe the swaz was touched up as it is so much whiter. The bottom tail of the swastika was folded over a bit too when applied, a fairly common thing with Luft decals. Nice dome stamp. Congrats on your purchase.
    Cheers,
    Terry
    Terry beat me to the punch on all points. Nice re issue. Jim G.

Great lid and a decent size - though it looks smaller
    than a 66 in the pics. Nice score.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Agreed, a super helmet with real character and one that certainly appears to have another decal below the current Adler (most likely a droop tail), well done on a nice buy. Leon.

Thanks for the comments. M38 Terry, I think the first thing I mentioned to John before I purchased the lid was the whiteness of the swaz - not unknown for Luftwaffe decals to be spliced together or touched up, which was a concern to me in this case, but with better pics and in hand the swaz is more yellow and blends in better with the overall decal. Also, John pointed out that there was a possible decal underneath. I assume it's a first pattern and it looks like one to me going on the outline of the cracking. Cheers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast