MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M35 Luftwaffe DD

Article about: So I’ve been looking at this luftwaffe helmet for a while and I like it and I like the m35 style square chinstrap holders (not sure what the official name for them is). One thing that I do q

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    And rbminis you should definetly post that helmet I’ve fallen in love with that decal lol
    Here you go.
    My Luftwaffe double decal M35 with 31 liner
    The chin strap in the photos is a reproduction, it has been replaced with a period correct one since.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Luftwaffe DD
    P
    Many

Hey guys I just wanted your thoughts one more time on the helmet I bought since I do not have it yet I’ve just been studying the pictures and the liner keeps catching my attention. It just doesn’t seem like a M35 helmet liner to me after looking close up it looks like it could be made out of pig skin which I thought only the reproductions did, also why isn’t the liner worn hard since it had to go through out the whole war. And the color seems different from every other M35 liner, I can still get a re-fund the dealer is certainly a great gentleman so Iam not trying to make blame at him. Thank you guys for your opinions once again and hopefully this will put my mind at rest lol.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Luftwaffe DD   M35 Luftwaffe DD  

Liner looks fine to me. Compare to my M40:
    Quist M40 Luftwaffe - Tropical
    Pig skin was used during the war BTW.
    nick

Okay thank you HoundsTooth I have literally only seen that on yours now other than the one Iam getting I didn’t know that I thought only people trying to pass them off as original used pig skin lol.

If there was an issue with the liner you would have been told in this topic already.
    Rest assured we pay attention to detail.

Thank you Schwerpunkt I just thought I might have rushed into too fast and maybe forgot to show you guys good photo pictures of the liner I apreciate everyone’s help, recent and past.

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Thank you Schwerpunkt I just thought I might have rushed into too fast and maybe forgot to show you guys good photo pictures of the liner I apreciate everyone’s help, recent and past.
    No worries , better to ask twice than to forget to ask and get stung

TWS
    ?

Pigskin liners were definitely common during the war. You can find a bunch if you search on here but here's my late war M40 Quist.
    M40 Heer reissue. Q64, funky lot stamping
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Hey guys as I was cleaning my helmet shelf I received this one through the mail also! So I took some quick pictures before work! Also I knew the chinstrap was in question so I took a picture of what appears to be the makers stamp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Luftwaffe DD   M35 Luftwaffe DD  

M35 Luftwaffe DD   M35 Luftwaffe DD  

M35 Luftwaffe DD   M35 Luftwaffe DD  

M35 Luftwaffe DD  

The unit marked strap is a nice bonus. It's 1938 dated which is correct for this helmet & Luft. unit marked which only is seen on Luft M35 helmets.
    D.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast