Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Luftwaffe dd camo

Article about: Hello everyone, I’ve bought my first 3rd Reich helmet and would like some second opinions regarding originality. The liner is dated 1937. I tried to take pictures from every important angl

?

Default M35 Luftwaffe dd camo

Hello everyone,

I’ve bought my first 3rd Reich helmet and would like some second opinions regarding originality. The liner is dated 1937.
    I tried to take pictures from every important angle. If more pictures are needed I would be happy to supply more. The helmet was supposedly found in California and was never in a collection before.

I like the helmet because of the nice colors and that it’s unit marked with I Flak Regiment 4 and 20. Komp. Luftnachrichten Regiment 52.
    Is one able to determine how long the liner marked flak Regiment unit was matching to the helmet? Like is it known that the unit mark in the liners was only the unit the helmet was from from before the war?
    As i would like to make a connection between the ex winter camo on the helmet and the service of I Flak regiment 4 in Russia. The Luftnachrichten Regiment 52 unit the feldpostnumber corresponds to was only formed in 1943.

Thank you for looking
    Anon

M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    Last edited by Anon; 04-12-2024 at 04:21 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    P
    Many

?

Here some more pictures I tried to take with a magnifying glas.
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo
    M35 Luftwaffe dd camo

Nice stahlhelm. Given that I/Flak Regiment 4 formed 1936 in Dortmund then this is the first marking made inside the helmet, but knowing when it was then transferred to its next unit (or new owner) is not possible without a Wehrpaß or knowing the ID of the owner. It's a lovely example and always nice to see something fresh to the market from an old collection.
    Last edited by BlackCat1982; 04-12-2024 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Typo

An outstanding camo Anon. Congratulations! This example has a lot interesting features such as the decal shadows, the snow camo and later camo application. Even looks to have some green paint on the liner pins between the leather and shell. The alu liner band looks in good shape too, particularly if it’s a single ply example. Well done

I always like to leave my straps loose so as not to put too much strain on them and create a difference in colour over time as the patina under the strap changes compared to the rest of the helmet receiving more light, but personal choice of course.

Andy

MAP
    ?

An interesting color combination. Don't see that color green often.

Looks like the white wash was scrubbed off after winter ( looks like it is over the camo)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for the comments!
    Good point with the chinstrap Andy, I already removed the chinstrap from the visor of the helmet. The leather is still flexible but a bit hard and the chinstrap stays in the form so it seems that it was over the visor for some time.
    The whitewash was indeed over the camo and later scrubbed off to reveal the camo again.

Anon