Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Luftwaffe DD - good or bad?

Article about: Hi Guys, I have always wanted a DD Luftwaffe M35. Can I get your blessing on this one please? This helmet has a deep steel blue repainted finish likely done at the factory. The left side sho

?

Default M35 Luftwaffe DD - good or bad?

Hi Guys,

I have always wanted a DD Luftwaffe M35.
    Can I get your blessing on this one please?

This helmet has a deep steel blue repainted finish likely done at the factory. The left side shows an early “snake leg” Luftwaffe decal and the right side shows the National Color decal. The interior rear is stamped “2341” and the interior left side is stamped “ET64”. Black leather chinstrap with brown leather 8-tongue size 57 liner. There is a faint impressed maker’s mark at the rear of the liner. The liner also has a set of initials and a partially obscured name due to white mold. There also appears to be an ink stamp in the crown of the helmet.

What would be a fair price to expect? I don't want to get ripped off.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Danger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Luftwaffe DD - good or bad?   M35 Luftwaffe DD - good or bad?  

M35 Luftwaffe DD - good or bad?   M35 Luftwaffe DD - good or bad?  

M35 Luftwaffe DD - good or bad?   M35 Luftwaffe DD - good or bad?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Luftwaffe DD - good or bad?
    P
    Many

it's good , got a light grey overpaint it looks like. Chinstrap is fake though. From the same seller as the fake you posted earlier?

The front right liner pin head has what appears to be green paint on it. Might want to ask for a closeup of the liner pin as it may have been added/changed. Could just be some paint contamination or have patinated to a greenish hew which is sometimes seen.

We don’t do valuations on the forum. Best bet is to have a look at some dealer sites and see the variety of prices and then decide what you are comfortable paying.

M38
    ?

It has a pleasing color on the exterior, and it is unusual to see a repaint with the early eagle added back on. Are you sure about the lot number? I don't remember seeing one that low on an ET. Maybe it is 2841 rather than 2341?

We don't like to give prices here but if you tell us what the price is we can maybe tell you if it is reasonable.

Cheers,
    Terry