Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Luftwaffe Helmet

Article about: Hello everyone ,I think to get this helmet but I have some doubts about the decal , the paint looks good... Every opinion is apriciated .

Default M35 Luftwaffe Helmet

Hello everyone ,I think to get this helmet but I have some doubts about the decal , the paint looks good...
    Every opinion is apriciated .

M35 Luftwaffe HelmetM35 Luftwaffe HelmetM35 Luftwaffe HelmetM35 Luftwaffe HelmetM35 Luftwaffe HelmetM35 Luftwaffe Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Luftwaffe Helmet
    P
    Many

Hi Terry
    First off it's an M40 helmet.
    From the poor pics, the decal looks bad & so does the liner. Would leave this one alone
    David

Hi Terry, i quite agree, this is not one that you want to get, the decal looks to be placed over already existing rust and the liners leather looks like a non period replacement. Leon.

bad liner , poor decal photos so hard to say. Big chance it is bad as well.

TWS
    ?

While the decal seems to resemble one in Ken N's book, it could still be bad. I'd have to see better photos or examine in hand. However, the texture of the liner is off and the drawstring looks bad. Wrong weave/braid pattern. Too many red flags.

It is an EF helmet. This decal is not an EF house eagle. Almost every M40 EF Luft carries the EF house decal. This one is a "dotless" example which resembles really no original Luft decal. Look at the right claw of the talon holding the swaz. Not correct. The lower body of the bird exhibits poor detail. If you zoom in on it, the wear on the swaz is not convincing. looks like it was purposely rubbed away.
    Anyway...just my observations
    D.

Thanks alot everyone for the replies!