Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M35 Maker Stamp - Genuine ????

Article about: Hi Guys I am after some advice and hopefully someone can give me an answer I recently bought a supposedly genuine M35 helmet for my son. I did quite a lot of research and all looked ok to me

Default M35 Maker Stamp - Genuine ????

Hi Guys

I am after some advice and hopefully someone can give me an answer

I recently bought a supposedly genuine M35 helmet for my son.

I did quite a lot of research and all looked ok to me with my limited knowledge !!

However I do have one doubt in my mind regarding it's authenticity - the Maker Stamp on the inside has a dash between the 2 letters and 2 numbers :

It's stamped ET-66

Could this be a legitimate stamp ? ... All the stamps I can find on the internet are without the dash (eg. ET66)

Anyone know if the helmet could be real or would this maker stamp mean it's probably fake ?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Maker Stamp - Genuine ????
    P
    Many

It sounds like a Chinese fake, any pictures of the helmet?

Thanks
    Will post some photos tomorrow

MAP
    ?

Yes, photos are a must. Keeping fingers crossed for you and your son's sake, but outlook sounds poor.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

If it has a - it will be a repro.
    Fake helmet shells – German Helmet Vault

Thanks for the answers

That’s really disappointing though to learn it’s a repro as I bought it at a military fair and the dealer told me it was genuine….why is everyone out to rip people off these days- can’t buy nothing on trust anymore !!!!!

My boy will be gutted to learn its a fake as he’s wanted one for ages

Anyway,has anyone got any red flags to look out for when buying a German helmet as I am determined to get an authentic one for my son
    Also any recommendations for where to source an original M35,M40 or M42 helmet ?

Thanks again

Quote by gavgood View Post
    Thanks for the answers

That’s really disappointing though to learn it’s a repro as I bought it at a military fair and the dealer told me it was genuine….why is everyone out to rip people off these days- can’t buy nothing on trust anymore !!!!!

Anyway,has anyone got any red flags to look out for when buying a German helmet as I am determined to get an authentic one for my son
    Also any recommendations for where to source an original M35,M40 or M42 helmet ?

Thanks again
    Dealers will tell you anything to make a sale, and anything that is under the usual selling price is explained away with something on the lines of: 'I'm not absolutely certain it is genuine, so I'm selling it slightly cheaper.' Treat them all as crooks - although they are not - and you won't go far wrong. It is new collectors who really need to be on their toes.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by gavgood View Post
    Thanks for the answers

Thanks again
    What did you pay if I may ask?
    There is no quick guide to tell you what to look out for.
    There are many details you must study like for example how maker stamps should look.
    It is best to post photos here before purchase , then you should be able to buy an authentic example.

I paid £95 for it

The dealer actually said it is genuine as fakes don’t have a stamp - I have since learned many do

I guess I have learned a lesson but I’m glad I discovered this site as you guys are very helpful

I will post some photos later just to confirm the helmet is not genuine

Thanks again

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast