Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 Normandy Camo

Article about: Decided on getting this M35 Camo as I’ve been waiting for a Normandy like camo although this one is mostly gone there’s still enough there for me to like it. I’ll be getting better pho

Default M35 Normandy Camo

Decided on getting this M35 Camo as I’ve been waiting for a Normandy like camo although this one is mostly gone there’s still enough there for me to like it. I’ll be getting better photos of the camo soon but I felt comfortable enough with these pictures of the camo to try and get the helmet. I thought it was a bit strange the eagle was covered up but the shield decal was not seems like the soldier never finished the camo on the back part of the helmet lol.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Normandy Camo   M35 Normandy Camo  

M35 Normandy Camo   M35 Normandy Camo  

M35 Normandy Camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Normandy Camo
    P
    Many

Lovely helmet and looks to all be as it should IMO.
    Nice pick up.
    Nick

Cool helmet Giants!
    Maybe he just didn't like the eagle with the swaz and sought a reason to hide it..?
    Just speculating, of course but quite odd.
    You'd expect it to be the other way around with the eagle showing and the tricolor painted over.
    Nice unit mark by the way.
    Overall has nice wear to it, too.
    Not one to have a huge amount of knowledge on camos since I only have one(the M35 LW Felddivision), but as long as the others say it's good I'll go with them
    Luis

Thank you Houndstooth and PotatoDigger! I was thinking the same thing about the eagle and maybe he just wasn’t a big fan and painted over it or maybe just wanted some of that dark blue of the helmet to be incorporated into the camouflage and left most of the back right side of the helmet untouched and maybe why he left the shield decal alone.

MAP
    ?

I like the helmet but really odd as said, not to cover the tri color but paint over the bird.

Looks like a Steel buckle on the chin strap. So probably replaced (when?). Should have a date on the tip if you can read it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I just asked if there where any markings on the chinstrap Maybe a post war add on and he also noted in the description of the helmet that the liner sting is a add on.

Certainly ticks the boxes you want to see with these camos. I would wonder if the shield was originally painted over but revealed post war, and may have been visible for decades. Possibly whoever owned it post war decided against doing the same with the eagle. Certainly by 1944 the decals were a known liability to the wearer, camo paint and helmet covers was the norm.

I was thinking about that for the decal too Anderson. But wouldn’t there be more of harm to the decal and a little of the paint still left on the decal? Is there a way to remove the paint over the decals without causing scratching to the decal because every helmet I’ve seen that had the decals dug out had big chunks of the decal missing and have that scrubbed look. It is certainly a good question for why the shield decal is exposed.
    Or you would think at the very least if the soldier did leave the decal exposed he would’ve scratched it off.

Whip out the steel wool

?

Leave it alone

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast