Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 Normandy Camo Opinions

Article about: Saw this today, I don't know much about helmets but its Quist Size 64 (Q64 Marked), with serial DN546. I can't find any mention of this serial on an M35 on the helmet vault. I know very litt

Dav
    ?

Default M35 Normandy Camo Opinions

Saw this today, I don't know much about helmets but its Quist Size 64 (Q64 Marked), with serial DN546. I can't find any mention of this serial on an M35 on the helmet vault. I know very little about helmets but there is no dome stamp, and the liner is marked size 57. The chin strap is repro. What are your opinions? Thanks.
    M35 Normandy Camo OpinionsM35 Normandy Camo OpinionsM35 Normandy Camo Opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Normandy Camo Opinions
    P
    Many

This is not an M35 but a somewhat rare Quist M42 - the lot number you state being seen in them.
    Not sure on the 'Normandy' camo though - hard to tell form the photos. Liner and draw string look repro to me.
    Nick

MAP
    ?

Will need much better photos.

But I'm not liking anything based on these limited photos

Liner looks fake.

Seems to have had a complete repaint inside as well. And not liking the exterior "camo" as well

My standard disclaimer: my poor eyes and a small cell phone so happy to be over ridden by others

Dav
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Will need much better photos.

But I'm not liking anything based on these limited photos

Liner looks fake.

Seems to have had a complete repaint inside as well. And not liking the exterior "camo" as well

My standard disclaimer: my poor eyes and a small cell phone so happy to be over ridden by others
    Here are some more photos of the camo, thanks:

Dav
    ?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    This is not an M35 but a somewhat rare Quist M42 - the lot number you state being seen in them.
    Not sure on the 'Normandy' camo though - hard to tell form the photos. Liner and draw string look repro to me.
    Nick
    I've posted some more pics of the camo below, how much should I be paying for it, if the shell is in fact original? Thanks.

The camo paintjob is quite hard to judge, leaving that aside you potentially have a helmet with a fake liner and chinstrap.
    Possibly it has been re-painted on the inside (maybe outside too).
    On the other hand, as an M42 Quist it is quite rare.
    Maybe a few hundred dollars/pounds/euros - personally I would wait for something else.
    nick

MAP
    ?

With these new photos I am not nearly as negative but still not sure. That's the problem with camo's. Sometimes very hard to give an opinion based just on photos.

I'm a broken record, but again...my eyes and a cell phone are subject to making an error.

I do have a "connect the dots" theory I usually play with. In this case, if the liner is a repro (which I believe), it is artificially aged. That takes time and effort. Thus is it then not possible to assume they didn't stop there? And continued to enhance the helmet by adding the camo?

Obviously it is not a science but something I use to raise yellow flags (i.e. be extra careful )
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Dav
    ?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    The camo paintjob is quite hard to judge, leaving that aside you potentially have a helmet with a fake liner and chinstrap.
    Possibly it has been re-painted on the inside (maybe outside too).
    On the other hand, as an M42 Quist it is quite rare.
    Maybe a few hundred dollars/pounds/euros - personally I would wait for something else.
    nick
    It's on sale for £375, might get it down to £350. Realistically I'm not going to afford even a nice M42 with original everything at a realistic budget, so I'm not sure what to do. What don't you like about the liner, for future reference?

MAP
    ?

Liner has no wear (scrapes, etc) but has an even aged appearance. Typical of artificially aged fakes
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Dav
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    With these new photos I am not nearly as negative but still not sure. That's the problem with camo's. Sometimes very hard to give an opinion based just on photos.

I'm a broken record, but again...my eyes and a cell phone are subject to making an error.

I do have a "connect the dots" theory I usually play with. In this case, if the liner is a repro (which I believe), it is artificially aged. That takes time and effort. Thus is it then not possible to assume they didn't stop there? And continued to enhance the helmet by adding the camo?

Obviously it is not a science but something I use to raise yellow flags (i.e. be extra careful )
    I thought that about the chinstrap. If everything else was original, I certainly wouldn't put a repro, and, a bad quality repro chinstrap on a helmet. The dealer is honest and if the liner was real it wouldn't be so bad. I'll try find some more info about the helmet when I can, in the meantime, here's some more pics of the liner:
    M35 Normandy Camo OpinionsM35 Normandy Camo OpinionsM35 Normandy Camo Opinions

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast