Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 - Period Black Overpaint?

Article about: Hello Forum, I´m very likely buying this M35 from a fellow collector, its an Size 62 produced M35, made by NS and with the Lotnr. 8. The Liner is a reinforced Aluminum Liner made in 1938, a

Default M35 - Period Black Overpaint?

Hello Forum,

I´m very likely buying this M35 from a fellow collector, its an Size 62 produced M35, made by NS and with the Lotnr. 8.
    The Liner is a reinforced Aluminum Liner made in 1938, all the split pins are in place, but the outer Linerband is broken.

Interesting about the helmet is the very early, 1928 dated transitional chinstrap on the helmet, aswell as the thick black overpaint, and seemingly remains of a winter cameo on the split pins.

Personally i think the helmet and all of its componets are original, but i would like your opinion before pulling the final trigger. All Opinions are very much appreciated!

Regards,
    Adravor

M35 - Period Black Overpaint?M35 - Period Black Overpaint?M35 - Period Black Overpaint?M35 - Period Black Overpaint?M35 - Period Black Overpaint?M35 - Period Black Overpaint?M35 - Period Black Overpaint?M35 - Period Black Overpaint?M35 - Period Black Overpaint?M35 - Period Black Overpaint?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 - Period Black Overpaint?
    P
    Many

I've seen that one up for sale, too.
    Looks like a fine helmet to me.
    It's not black paint IMO, I'm leaning towards reissue paint that looks rather dark in the pictures.
    Too bad the decal was removed and that the inner ring is broken and the leather itself isn't in the best shape either with the rear seam being ripped because the leather shrank.
    By the way the seller claims that the chinstrap is sewn into the helmet which is incorrect, though it may seem like that just by looking at how the part without the buckle is attached.
    Luis