Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M35 Q66 #2823 ex-DD (Heer) from a cavalry unit

Article about: As I said in the initial thread, I would take better pictures of the helmet as I got it and post it in a new thread. Here it is! About as early as you'll get for a Quist M35 as they started

Nice early Q Luis. We see alot of early ETs obviously w the Gothic font but I dont believe I have seen an early Q like this. The embossed liner is awesome as stated in earlier post. For being locked in an attic it still has a great color to the paint. We see a lot of removed Tri Colors on M35s no doubt but not so many removed Heer decals ... I wonder if the soldier lived ... if he removed it after the war. To distance himself from the Reich. Maybe he wanted to keep his helm. If they both removed in the same manner it points to it being the same person to me. Nice pickup. Glad you are happy w your untouched example
    Z

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Q66 #2823 ex-DD (Heer) from a cavalry unit
    P
    Many

Yeah, I thought so, Andy, but I guess the problem with the single band alu liners became evident soon enough since the reinforced type did come around in 1937.

And Michael I remember that one, very cool helmet you have there as I think I already said back when you posted it.

Thanks, Zach. I agree with there being more early ET's around, and SE's, too. They probably just made more from the getgo since they also started up production earlier.
    For me this is also the earliest Q I've seen, similar to the one on Frank's website, only that that one has a 1936 liner but I haven't found a photo of the dome stamp before, well now I have it in person so I don't need a photo of it anyway
    And I too think the same person removed the decals, if in the war or shortly after, noone will ever know.. But I don't care too much about that as they did a good job.

Luis

P.S. I actually expected it to be an ET or an SE so I was quite (pleasantly) surprised when it was a Q, also my favourite maker for some reason

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2