Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Quist 62 Camo helmet

Article about: Hey guys Got a question I recently bought this Quist M35 camo helmet, is it a coast artillery camo helmet? However, I have only seen 1 copy on the internet which has the same colours, undern

?

Default M35 Quist 62 Camo helmet

Hey guys
    Got a question

I recently bought this Quist M35 camo helmet, is it a coast artillery camo helmet? However, I have only seen 1 copy on the internet which has the same colours, underneath this pattern there seems to be a cement gray layer, and below that a dark blue layer which looks like KM

Greetings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Quist 62 Camo helmet   M35 Quist 62 Camo helmet  

M35 Quist 62 Camo helmet   M35 Quist 62 Camo helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Quist 62 Camo helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Sorry to say but I'm not a fan of this helmet.

I do not like the fact that the whole helmet (inside and out) has been painted a light grey. There is no evidence of the original apple green or a later reissued Feldgrau paint either, nor any evidence of a decal. Furthermore, the first coat of camo looks to be a DAK pink

Lastly, I do not like the consistent small tool like scratches to the paint.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

As an amateur student of "contrived patina" I'm guessing over use with the screwdriver tip is the main culprit here. Less is more.....

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    As an amateur student of "contrived patina" I'm guessing over use with the screwdriver tip is the main culprit here. Less is more.....
    Correctamundo! Quite the zealous attempt
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Agree with what's been said. It looks like someone primed the entire lid, layered their desired colors of "camo", and then went to work on it with some small tools once it was dry.

The final product reminds me of terrazzo linoleum flooring.

Even if this camo would confuse you , they key is always to look at the factory base paint. No German helmet was painted in this grey during the war.
    So everything that's sculped or painted on top is fake.

More food for thought. I have never seen a Quist M35 KM Helmet either. They didn’t make them. Not a good one as was stated above.
    Z