Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 SA Helmet rarity and value

Article about: I've found this M35 SA helmet on a dealer website, and I think it's legitamate and rather rare. I would love to add this to my collection, but fear that I may have over valued it and not see

Default M35 SA Helmet rarity and value

I've found this M35 SA helmet on a dealer website, and I think it's legitamate and rather rare. I would love to add this to my collection, but fear that I may have over valued it and not seen the wood for the trees so to speak. Whats everyones thoughts on it and what would it be valued at. I'm very very new to the forum, but found a thread that states only 3-4 example of the firld issue M35 Sa helmet exist?

I would be spending the majority of my savings to purchase, would this be wise?

Thanks
    Neil

M35 SA Helmet rarity and valueM35 SA Helmet rarity and valueM35 SA Helmet rarity and valueM35 SA Helmet rarity and valueM35 SA Helmet rarity and valueM35 SA Helmet rarity and valueM35 SA Helmet rarity and valueM35 SA Helmet rarity and valueM35 SA Helmet rarity and valueM35 SA Helmet rarity and valueM35 SA Helmet rarity and valueM35 SA Helmet rarity and valueM35 SA Helmet rarity and valueM35 SA Helmet rarity and value

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 SA Helmet rarity and value
    P
    Many

I hope this is in the right section, If not apologies in advance.

Hi Neil.

You have posted in the correct section, but we do not discuss the value of items because price is subjective.

Our helmet experts should be along soon to help with authentication.

Kind regards,

Will.

Brilliant! Thanks Will

Strange Decal on the left side...?
    Attached Images Attached Images M35 SA Helmet rarity and value 

looks like a decal on top off another decal
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth

It's the SA Eagle decal on top of the Feldherrenhalle decal. Judging the authenticy of this is above my paygrade.

I am not sure about this one. The Swastika shield looks good, but heavily cleaned. The paint looks good on the exterior, but in all 3 FHH helmets that I have owned the helmet was painted brown with the liner in place. On this one it looks like the interior dome is brown. And the liner is stretched weirdly, with a fake draw string (no big deal). The FHH decal appears to me to be on top of the other decal, and I am not sure what that other decal is. Most FHH helmets are reissued from Luftwaffe stock. I used to own one that had a Heer decal under the brown paint. This one is real head scratcher, and a risk, especially if you are shelling out your life's savings. I am interested to see what Frank, Terry, Don and Anders will have to say. Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 09-27-2023 at 04:24 AM.

I'm not looking at the decals but rather the surrounding area which looks quite scratched & battered under the brown repaint.
    To my simple mind, I would have thought a helmet would have been stripped back before repainting if the finish was that bad!!??

ESPECIALLY for the SA-Feldherrnhalle .......

That alone gives me pause....

I just looked at Anders' M35 double decal SA helmet he posted on another site. The dome in that one is brown and the lines on the SA decal are brown (I had forgotten that the alders on these SA helmets have brown lines). Apparently Anders' piece was factory original. Looking at it again I am going to go out on a limb and say that I think the helmet that started this thread is good. It looks like it started out as a double decal SA helmet and was re decaled for the FHH. Just my two cents, which my wife always tells me aren't worth a penny. Jim G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast