Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 SE64 former DD now SD Captains helmet!

Article about: Greetings been aquired German helmet hope you enjoy pictures! Regards Rolands

Default M35 SE64 former DD now SD Captains helmet!

Greetings been aquired German helmet hope you enjoy pictures!

Regards Rolands
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 SE64 former DD now SD Captains helmet!   M35 SE64 former DD now SD Captains helmet!  

M35 SE64 former DD now SD Captains helmet!   M35 SE64 former DD now SD Captains helmet!  

M35 SE64 former DD now SD Captains helmet!   M35 SE64 former DD now SD Captains helmet!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 SE64 former DD now SD Captains helmet!
    P
    Many

A very nice looking helmet, lovely patina.

Quote by Blackdog View Post
    A very nice looking helmet, lovely patina.
    +1

Bill

Nice helmet, but the rank isn't Hauptmann, as that would be Hptm. , this could be Hauptwachtmann or something.
    After quickly googling it I've seen the rank existed with the BGS and the rank Wachtmann was used for concentration camp guards.
    So maybe a camp guards' helmet.
    I like the early single band alu liner and the rings that resulted from the helmet being stored atop a gas mask canister.
    Luis

Very nice example. Jim G.

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    Nice helmet, but the rank isn't Hauptmann, as that would be Hptm. , this could be Hauptwachtmann or something.
    After quickly googling it I've seen the rank existed with the BGS and the rank Wachtmann was used for concentration camp guards.
    So maybe a camp guards' helmet.
    I like the early single band alu liner and the rings that resulted from the helmet being stored atop a gas mask canister.
    Luis
    HauptWachtmeister was a rank within the Ordnungspolizei I believe. Equivalent of a Master Sergeant of sorts.

Lovely helmet mate.

Regards
    Harvey

der Spiess

The link above also mentions how the rank of Hauptwachtmeister was used instead of Hauptfeldwebel in horse units. The helmet could have belonged to a man in an Army Cavalry unit, would make more sense than the Orpo.

Regards again
    Harvey

I think it stands for .... “Hi What’s The Meal?” Like someone is asking this Becker character what’s for dinner at the field kitchen. And since there weren’t “stickies” back then he just wrote it on the guys helmet. Just a guess
    Z

***and they spoke English for some reason

?

Nice one , my thought was wachmeister as well . Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast