Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 SS Double Decal - Any opinions would be greatly appreciated

Article about: Could I get a couple of opinions as to authenticity? I have uploaded several pictures including decals, stamps, and chinstrap (rivets?). Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Default M35 SS Double Decal - Any opinions would be greatly appreciated

M35 SS Double Decal - Any opinions would be greatly appreciatedM35 SS Double Decal - Any opinions would be greatly appreciatedM35 SS Double Decal - Any opinions would be greatly appreciatedM35 SS Double Decal - Any opinions would be greatly appreciatedM35 SS Double Decal - Any opinions would be greatly appreciatedM35 SS Double Decal - Any opinions would be greatly appreciated

Could I get a couple of opinions as to authenticity? I have uploaded several pictures including decals, stamps, and chinstrap (rivets?). Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 SS Double Decal - Any opinions would be greatly appreciated
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Sorry. I say a strong one look thumbs down on the decals. That is my opinion.

Take a quick gander through our extensive database of helpful information. You can start here...

SS Runic Decal Reference Section

Advice for new helmet collectors looking for that elusive SS helmet

The rest of the helmet is now useless. Shell looks OK (can't tell if repainted). Will let others comment on the chinstrap but doesn't look good to me and I can't see enough of the liner to comment but could be Norwegian re-dyed.

Welcome to the forum.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Michael,

I know the chinstrap is wrong. Can you elaborate on the decals and shell stamps?

Quote by foxfire99 View Post
    Thanks Michael,

I know the chinstrap is wrong. Can you elaborate on the decals and shell stamps?
    Crap decals and bad liner. Nothing to elaborate on. Move on and look at the links Michael suggested.
    Welcome to the forum. SS helmets are tough on new collectors so before you burn 10K check here and don't believe you'll be the Lucky guy that finds one at 60% discount ;-)

MAP
    ?

Thanks Michael,

Schwerpunkt said it all. Time to forget about this one.

Shell stamps seem fine.

Decal? There really is nothing to elaborate on with the decals. They are just, to be quite honest, really really bad. Check out the first link I provided and you will see originals.

I can tell the easy fakes (like this) but still have not mastered the fine details of high quality fakes. So if you are serious about buying one, study and study more. Read the Threads here and over at German Helmets Walhalla as a primer. And always ask and post before buying.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm sorry I own an ET lid very close to that one and I don't even like the stamps in the lid. I'm afraid the entire thing is bad.

10 seconds of effort in the form of referring to pinned threads regarding decals should be enough for anyone to answer the authenticity question in this case. The purpose of this forum is to help people learn, but in the end, the member has the responsibility to invest the time and effort to learn, and not just take advantage of the collective knowledge of those who have spent, in some cases, decades, studying the subject. This helmet is so bad that it could take pages to elaborate on the opinions expressed by some of the more knowledgeable members, who shouldn't be expected to spoon feed the most rudimentary basics when the information sought has already been shared on the pinned educational threads. Sorry for the rant, but if someone wants to enter the hobby by diving into the high end of the market, that person should do his or her homework. Jim G.

Everything is off centered on the party decal, and you can see the jagged edge pattern on the inside lines of the white circle indicative of a printed decal.

SS stuff requires lots of study to master because that's the area the better fakers see lots of profit from going after. I've been watching and learning about SS stuff for over 2 years here and over at German Helmet Wallhalla where there is volumes of information to look at (even some images of decals at high magnification where the devilish details come out). Even 2 years of study isn't enough to make me want to dive into SS helmet collecting, even if I had the money. I highly recommend starting with a nice M42 heer, and study them in hand. You will learn so much from that, it will surprise you. And, you still get that awe of having a piece of history in your hands. And, get a copy of German's Combat Helmets, study it, and spend some time looking at helmets people have posted for review and think about how you would appraise them. You have to be defensive about a lot of collecting in this hobby, but even more vigilant about helmets since there are so many subtle clues that can make or break them from decals, to paint, to liners and even the rivets and split pins.

Gentlemen, Thank you for your expertise and advise. While I have been collecting most of my life, my knowledge base in German militaria is admittedly shallow. I suspected there were issues with the helmet and just wanted validation one way or the other. I would certainly return the favor on this forum or another regarding questions on an item I am more familiar with. Collecting militaria is as broad as it is deep. I have yet to meet the collector that knows it all.

The information in the stickies are great and your responses are very much appreciated. Thank you again.

MAP
    ?

Gentlemen, Thank you for your expertise and advise. While I have been collecting most of my life, my knowledge base in German militaria is admittedly shallow. I suspected there were issues with the helmet and just wanted validation one way or the other. I would certainly return the favor on this forum or another regarding questions on an item I am more familiar with. Collecting militaria is as broad as it is deep. I have yet to meet the collector that knows it all.

The information in the stickies are great and your responses are very much appreciated. Thank you again.
    Welcome aboard the great ship SS WRF. Look forward to your contributions in the future!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast