Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M35 Zimmerit Camo

Article about: Hello guys Today I want you present my newest pickup A M35 Helmet zimmerit reissue in size 64 The Lot is unreadable The leather seem badly repaired Chinstrap is destroyed The zimmerit is ver

Default M35 Zimmerit Camo

Hello guys
    Today I want you present my newest pickup
    A M35 Helmet zimmerit reissue in size 64
    The Lot is unreadable
    The leather seem badly repaired
    Chinstrap is destroyed
    The zimmerit is very heavy textured
    The helmet weight is 1,6 KG more than a normal Steelhelmet
    The rivets were marked 1939 like the linerband
    What say the experts?
    BR
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Zimmerit Camo   M35 Zimmerit Camo  

M35 Zimmerit Camo   M35 Zimmerit Camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Zimmerit Camo
    P
    Many

Did you weigh it ? To me it looks like a rough reissue paint. Zimmerit on helmets is considered a fable.

I weight it
    1,6 KG is the result
    I think first on reissue too but I saw on the aluminiumring the bubbles that arise when you heat aluminium
    Zimmerit was heated
    BR
    Bavarian

It’s most likely just the aluminium oxidizing, if they heated it to the point of aluminium bubbling, the whole liner and especially the leather would’ve burnt up and the original paint underneath too.
    Luis

Not Zimmerit but an over paint with impurities and very similar to this M35 I posted a few weeks back.
    Andy
    M35 Zimmerit Camo

Thank you all for the comments
    BR
    Bavarian

What was zimmerit for!? bet one guy did it?!? magnetic, no

Bavarian, my apologies I meant to compliment you on the helmet too!

It’s a nice complete example with real character. Well done.

Andy

Hi Rene,

Zimmerit was a non-magnetising paste like application developed in Germany mid WW2 by Chemische Werke Zimmer & Co (Berlin) in an effort to prevent grenades sticking to tanks. However, due to concern that Zimmerit was highly flammable application was ceased in 1944.

Whether or not Zimmerit was actually applied to helmets is open to debate as Frank alluded to. The paste that was applied to tanks and vehicles was much thicker than to helmets purported to have a Zimmer application. If there are any members out there with confirmed examples it would be interesting to see them. Until then what we are most likely seeing are helmets with thick textured paint with different types media added such as concrete etc.

Andy

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Hi Rene,

Zimmerit was a non-magnetising paste like application developed in Germany mid WW2 by Chemische Werke Zimmer & Co (Berlin) in an effort to prevent grenades sticking to tanks. However, due to concern that Zimmerit was highly flammable application was ceased in 1944.

Whether or not Zimmerit was actually applied to helmets is open to debate as Frank alluded to. The paste that was applied to tanks and vehicles was much thicker than to helmets purported to have a Zimmer application. If there are any members out there with confirmed examples it would be interesting to see them. Until then what we are most likely seeing are helmets with thick textured paint with different types media added such as concrete etc.

Andy
    This be Z ? ahh I'm shit stiring! Mate

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast