Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M40 double decal

Article about: Hi all, My friend is in a position to buy this helmed. I do not like the decals. 1. The position of the decals. 2. The presence of 2 decals on a M40 heer helmed. Is it an original good ww2 g

?

Default M40 double decal

Hi all,

My friend is in a position to buy this helmed.

I do not like the decals.

1. The position of the decals.
    2. The presence of 2 decals on a M40 heer helmed.

Is it an original good ww2 german M40 helmed?

Please help?

Thanks,

GRTS,

Wesley

M40 double decalM40 double decalM40 double decalM40 double decalM40 double decalM40 double decalM40 double decalM40 double decalM40 double decalM40 double decal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 double decal
    P
    Many

This one is an oddball , we do see decals being placed behind the vent holes sometimes but not when factory applied.
    These decals are good one but not applied by the factory. From the lot number we can deduce it was a helmet without decals. So why were these decals applied ? It will be a question mark. Could be vet applied or could be field applied for some purpose. If your friend is looking for a textbook helmet this is not it but it is an interesting one.

To tell you the truth I like it!

MAP
    ?

Decals have lots of age to them but too many open questions for me to consider spending money on.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Can see a lighter coloured paint in the damaged areas of the National decal which I’ve noticed on original examples with decals that have been in place a long long time. Just how long is the question.

Andy